cash value is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cash value is wrong

I'm new to ninjatrader and made a few trades this morning before I realized the commissions weren't showing up in my cash value balance. I figured out how to add them and the rest of the day they reflected on each subsequent trade in the total and realized PnL, but my balance only updated with gross trade results and still continued to ignore commissions.
    As a general note from a new guy this is extremely confusing and non-user friendly, but I digress.
    Tonight I received my statement from Phillip Capital and I see that my actual account balance is off by $81.28, which is the amount of commissions I spent today.

When (if ever) does this sync up to my actual balance? I can't imagine that my cash balance continues to ignore commissions throughout the life of my account.

Thanks

The data you see in the 'Cash value' field in the Accounts tab for live accounts come from your broker which unfortunately NinjaTrader has little control over. Cash value will typically be rectified with commissions overnight around 11PM US CT. When you check this morning, I suspect you'll see your commissions applied to the cash value. If not, I'd recommend restarting NinjaTrader.

Comment

OK Thanks, I can live live with that.
      I did notice this morning my daily PnL was negative from the overnight adjustment, but a quick app restart fixed that.

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

I'm having a huge problem with this as well. The total seems to change at night almost randomly. The total usually plummets every night at 11 CT. Tonight it fell far more than usual and not sure it's just commissions. . Then it sometimes climbs back up, sometimes significantly, overnight. Restarting the computer is not part of the equation, I've tried this. Neither of these bouncing adjustments I can make any sense of although you say the first should indeed be commission reconciliation.

This is obviously doesn't work for me. Trading is already challenging enough without even knowing what your actual balance is. This seems like simple stuff. Add up the transaction outcomes and subtract the fees and commissions. Any system being employed here really needs to be execute to do that simple task.

Should I just change accounts? I am using Phillips right now. I need accurate balances and I'd appreciate guidance in making that happen. Thanks.
        Last edited by TomTownsend; 11-26-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Hello TomTownsend,

Thank you for your reply.

As Patrick mentioned, the data you see in the 'Cash value' field in the Accounts tab for live accounts come from your broker which unfortunately NinjaTrader has little control over as this value is simply reported to the platform. Cash value will typically be rectified with commissions overnight around 11PM US CT.

If you have questions about your cash value or other datafeed options available to you, I would recommend contacting your broker directly. As the technical support team we are unable to access any account information for NinjaTrader brokerage clients, as we are not licensed brokers.

If your account is with NinjaTrader you'll want to contact them at the information provided in the link below:
          Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
          Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, my broker is Ninjatrader with Phillips. I will contact them and see how they can fix this for us. This is obviously a basic requirement of any serious trading system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin