Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Key and Connection Data lost on VPS

Hi,

I have an EC2 instance (t2.medium) on AWS to run my NT8 strategy.
    As this instance is on demand, after executing the strategy, the VPS is turned off.
    The next day, after initializing the VPS again to run the strategy, NT8 requests that my license key (lifetime) be inserted, as well as the connection data previously saved.

I know that NT8 behaves like this for security measures, identifying that the machine id has changed.
    However, this procedure has given me a great deal of work, having to be performed manually every day.

Since the idea of ​​NT8 is to automate strategies, I believe there are some way around this problem.
    Please, how can I configure NT8 to not lose my license key and connection data after resetting my VPS?
    This subject is making it impossible for me to have a 100% automated strategy

Thank you!

Hello brunoviveiros,

Thank you for your note.

It sounds like the same machine is not being recreated each time you restart the VPS. As there's not a way around the security feature that removes your connection information and license key, you would need to work with your VPS provider so the same machine is recreated on each restart.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue!

I use AWS on-demand to run my strategies.
      My strategy usually works an average of 4 hours a day and when the strategy finishes its trading, automatically the VPS is turned off and restarts a few minutes before the next session. It saves me money comparing to the reserved instances that could be run continually but cost 4X more.

The VPS is started according to an image stored, where is the definitions of the machine setup, and this does not change.

The issue reported does not occur every time Ninja is started, it occurs aleatorily.

The IP address is changed each time the VPS is launched, but I notice that it doesn't matter to Ninja because many times Ninja is started normally without lost my license key and connections setup.

What informations does Ninja check on startup?
      How can we solve this behavior?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello gbfinvest,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like what you're experiencing is slightly different and may have to do with updates being applied that change the image enough on startup that the Machine ID changes. The issue brunovivieros is experiencing occurs each time NinjaTrader is started, so most likely his is not being created from an image each time.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID, and there is not a way to disable the behavior associated with a Machine ID change as this is a security feature of the software.

That being said, I have added a vote for each of you to an existing feature request I have located for the ability to lock the Machine ID so it does not change.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1992.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

The issue brunovivieros is experiencing occurs each time NinjaTrader is started, so most likely his is not being created from an image each time.
          Hi Kate!

My situation is identical to that of gbfinvest.
          We are even using the same VPS (AWS) service.
          The virtual machine is created from an image that is not changed between one restart and another.

There are actually days when the problem does not occur and so I would like to better understand how the NT8 logic works.

And I reinforce my request for help so that it can be possible to avoid losing the license key and connection data when resetting a VPS.

Tks.

Comment

Hello brunoviveiros,

I would like to take a look at the log and trace files for your VPS NinjaTrader installation.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2554213 ATTN Kate W.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I have encountered the same problem several times, when my laptop updates BIOS, the Machine ID changes, and I have to change my MAchine ID at the 3rd party indicator site so I can get the data from them. It would be nice to have an option to lock the Machine ID.

Comment

Hello astor,

I have added a vote for you to SFT-1992 as well.

Comment

Hello Kate,

What exactly is the Trace File and what kind of information does it store?
                  Anyway, I sent the logs outside the platform so that they can be analyzed.

Any other requirement please let me know.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Kate.

How can I track the SFT-1992 request ?
                    Any news about this subject ?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello brunoviveiros,

You can always inquire as to the status of a feature request either by posting on the forums or writing in to us at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. There is no current update on the status of this SFT, however, we are continuing to track interest.

Please keep in mind there's no guarantee any particular requested feature will be added to the platform - other factors than user interest must be weighed before our development team may add a feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes