Lagging data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lagging data

I have been using NT 8 for about 18 months for future trading. I have also have paid 3rd party indicators installed, I use to have about 20 charts open and have no problem at all. Lately because of data lagging, sometimes like 10 minutes behind, I reduced the chart number to 5 and still data lagging. Broker and data provider tried remotely to fix, but nothing changed. Dome shows the correct price movements, but charts stay behind. I did the SAFE start and built a new workspace then restart and add indicators, no change. My question now is, if I should uninstall NT8 and re-install would it help me to solve this. The laptop I run this pretty new with 1T memory. Any suggestions?

Hello Astor,

Thank you for your post.

As you've tried recreating your workspace in a minimal way it sounds like you PC clock may be out of sync.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

If this does not resolve your issue, it's possible you're getting live data but your platform is having to perform so many calculations that your chart is delayed in displaying it, this is technically known as a Chart Rendering Delay.

The best way to determine if this is the issue is to open a SuperDOM and set it to the same instrument and verify if your last traded price matches your chart. If they are out of sync by more than a split second, this means that your chart is queuing calculations that need to be completed before it can render those bars and indicators on the chart, instead of being able to complete those calculations on the fly.

To resolve this issue I've included a link to some performance tips below which will help you identifying high impact items that can contribute to this delay.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That didn't solve the problem, the support advises from Paul first asking me to restart on SAFE MODE and follow series of instructions didn't solve it either, soon after I got another email from Paul NOT to open the NT on SAFE MODE. I just don't get it... It was ok in the premarket and as soon as the market open, it started lagging, lost money bc of that. I tried new advice from NT this afternoon with log records. Nothing changed. Still lagging 15-30 minutes on charts, Dome has the correct price. I have hard wired fiber internet with a 1000Mbps connection.

Is there any way, I can totally wipe this platform and reinstall again with new Machine ID and new license, wonder if that would work.

Mind you this was working with 20 charts open for 18+ months, reduced to 5 charts, same paid indicators. 3rd party indicators have over 200 members, none has this problem. I need help asap.

Comment

Hello Astor,

Thank you for your note.

It sounds like you're working with myself and another tech in support. So i could locate the ticket to assist you could you reply with the ticket number that you're working with Paul on?

In the future please avoid submitting multiple requests for the same item to avoid having two technicians working the same problem from different angles.

Thank you I'll await your reply.

Comment

The first response was from him, then got a ticket with Melissa I post here to see if any other users had the same problem. I am still waiting for Melissa's response.

Comment

Hello Astor,

Disregard I have located the ticket and will follow up with you there.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RideMe
            by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM