NT8 on more than 1 in house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 on more than 1 in house

Can I install NT8 on my other computers in my house on same account? . . using same license key?

Hello terkk,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can install and use NinjaTrader on as many computers as you wish as long as you are only trading live in one of those computers at a time.

Please note that it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on multiple computers simultaneously using the same live license key. If you like to trade live on two computers simultaneously, you will need 2 license keys. As long as you trade live in one instance at a time, you can use one live license key.

Here is a publicly available link to our Terms of Service, which will go into much more detail about the topic.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you ShawnB

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
        Hello terkk,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can install and use NinjaTrader on as many computers as you wish as long as you are only trading live in one of those computers at a time.

Please note that it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on multiple computers simultaneously using the same live license key. If you like to trade live on two computers simultaneously, you will need 2 license keys. As long as you trade live in one instance at a time, you can use one live license key.

Here is a publicly available link to our Terms of Service, which will go into much more detail about the topic.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Hi Shawn B -

I have found a couple of related topics but did not want to start my own if I could piggy back on this most recent inquiry. I have a similar desire, but with the qualification that my second machine will never be used for trading, but I do want to get a live data feed on both machines simultaneously. I work and trade on my primary machine, and would like to have some charts available to view at all times on a separate monitor. Unfortunately the custom windows and border properties of NT8 make this next to impossible to accomplish (if I could I would pin the chart so that it was visible on all virtual desktops).

I thought a good solution to this issue might be to use a separate machine that displays real-time data (again, not to be used for any trading, even sim). From what I have been able to find it sounds like the only option is to request permission from my brokerage for multiple logins. Can you confirm that this is the case, or let me know if there is any other way to achieve my goal (such as a SIM license key couple with a demo/dummy username?). I think NT8 is a fantastic product and really appreciate all the hard work that goes into it, despite a handful of shortcomings, but I think this might be a useful solution for many users and would certainly go a long way to helping my situation.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello duffhead,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to request permission from your brokerage for multiple logins.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses