Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot key orders

Hello ninja trader support team
    I am trying to program a hot key to make orders.
    i used the hot key programming under tools and recorded the following under order entry:
    ctrl+alt+b for buy limit with 1 point offset
    and
    ctrl+alt+s for sell limit with 1 point offset
    which window has to be active that this hotkey works / in which windows does it work

does it also work on supper dom / chart trader or basic entry
    if it works and i press this config 2 times how much delay time must between submitting 2 orders.

the output i always get is: all hotkeys are inactive when a modal form has focus: what does this mean

thank you for looking into that

Sorry to hijack your thread PeterPan but I'd like to ask a question about hot keys too!

Can external devices be used? Like a gaming keypad?

Thanks.

Comment

you are welcome
      i have a keyboard where i can program hot keys
      meaning when i press these combinations i can program mykeyboardr in the way that with one key hitting the combination is executed
      on gaming keybards that have the possibility to do so you may be able to do the same that may results in a quick order entry

Comment

Hotkeys will work on any order entry window as long as you have that order entry window selected. For example, if you wanted your hotkeys to function on a chart, that chart window with Chart Trader enabled must be selected first.

The hotkey will submit the order as programmed as often as it is pressed. If you hold down the hotkey, additional orders will be submitted according to your Windows keyboard settings on repeating inputs. Think of this just like what occurs if you were to hold down the space bar when typing into these forums. initially only one space will be entered, however, after a short time spaces will continue to be entered until you release the space bar.

Modal focus indicates any window that must be closed before other items can be used. For example, the chart's Data Series window has to be closed before you can click on anything else in NinjaTrader because it has modal control.

You'll also want to enable 'Use order entry hot keys' in the Control Center > Tools > Options > Trading.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-10-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hello PatrickG
          thank you very much for your fast reply
          the activation of of hot keys i was missing and it was not mentioned in your help desk (maybe you can add that? or i missed it?)
          but when i hold down my programmed key i only get one execution means its not like holding down the space bar and you have several spaces...

if i press the space bar permanently the cusor runs till i release that means i have "pressed it" several times

i will look into that maybe its my keyboard programming

but thank you anyways for your response it helped a lot
          Last edited by PeterPan; 09-11-2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            Hotkeys will work on any order entry window as long as you have that order entry window selected. For example, if you wanted your hotkeys to function on a chart, that chart window with Chart Trader enabled must be selected first.
            Thank you for that awesome reply Patrick!
            Is it a feasible request to have ask for available hotkey programming when other order entry windows are selected?
            "Hot key order entry when chart window is NOT selected"?

If i'm currently selected window on NQ but have Alt+CTRL+UP+C or something like this for CL, to have it send on CL while looking at NQ?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
              Hello PatrickG
              the activation of of hot keys i was missing and it was not mentioned in your help desk (maybe you can add that? or i missed it?)
              This can be found in the "How to enable Hot Key order entry" section of the Help Guide

Originally posted by SBMT17 View Post
              Thank you for that awesome reply Patrick!
              Is it a feasible request to have ask for available hotkey programming when other order entry windows are selected?
              "Hot key order entry when chart window is NOT selected"?

If i'm currently selected window on NQ but have Alt+CTRL+UP+C or something like this for CL, to have it send on CL while looking at NQ?
              The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-12-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hello PatrickG
                thanks again for your support.
                i knew did not read correctly and missed the hint for the eneabling of hot keys.
                I have one last question:
                to use or program a hot key you must use at least one modifier key as: ctrl/shift/alt
                can i use also caps lock or num lock? or any modifier key

thank you for everything
                Last edited by PeterPan; 09-11-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

A hotkey must contain at least one modifier (CTRL/SHIFT/ALT) unless it is a function key.

Toggle keys like CAPSLOCK or NUMLOCK cannot be used as the firist key, but can be used within the hotkey:

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                    5 responses