TD Ameritrade authorization error: Unhandled Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade authorization error: Unhandled Exception

Upon trying to connect to TD ameritrade, I follow the steps to add TD ameritrade and then when clicking on the Authorize Button, I get the following error:

"Unhandled Exception: The systme cannot find the file specified"

Based on the instructions, I am guessing it is not able to find the appropriate file to connect to TD ameritrade to complete the authorization issue.

Please help to get this resolved.

To authorize your TD Ameritrade connection, NinjaTrader attempts to open Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 to visit TD Ameritrade's website so you may enter your login credentials. This message you're receiving indicates that NinjaTrader could not find Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 on your PC.

What version of Windows are you using?

Is Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 installed and enabled on your PC?

Comment

I am having the same issue as I get the unhandled exception error. I do not have IE 11 on my computer as Windows replaced it with Edge. How can I have NT use Edge or the default browser that is on my PC?

Comment

The steps below assume Windows 10. Other versions of Windows may have slightly different steps, but the end requirement is that Internet Explorer 11 is installed:
        • Try the steps below one at a time. Make sure to follow the steps, restart the PC, then attempt to authorize the TD Ameritrade connection
          • Make sure all Windows updates are installed
          • Within Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off, make sure 'Internet Explorer 11' is enabled
          • Check that Internet Explorer 11 is installed in Start menu > Settings > Apps and features > optional features. If not, select and install 'Internet Explorer 11'
        Additional information:

Comment

That was it. Apparently windows turned off the Internet Explorer 11 the last time it updated. I put a check mark in the box and restarted and now I am able to connect to my TD account. Now I just need to figure out how to get the futures data on my charts. Will read through this forum this weekend to see if there are any tutorials on getting futures data into my charts. Thanks.

Comment

TD Ameritrade does not provide NinjaTrader with futures data currently. Visit the link below to learn more about our supported data providers and what they supply to NinjaTrader:If you have further questions related to this or your options to get futures data, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

IE11 is no longer available on my Windows version. However i have configured the settings on Edge browser, such that both TD and Ninjatrader sites open in IE11 compatible mode. Still i am unable to authorize my TD connection on NT8. Plz help.
              Attached Files

Comment

percy3687,

Thanks for your post.

TD Ameritrade connections currently require Internet Explorer to authenticate the connection, which is why this process isn't able to complete successfully in Microsoft Edge. This will be resolved in the next major release of the software, 8.0.26.0.
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses