Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with 3rd party Indi Authentication

macOS 10.14.6 user running Parallels 15.1.4 and NT8 8.0.21.1

I post in the NT8 forum as I have no idea which variable might be the problem, but I believe the geniuses here can help troubleshoot to see whether it's NT8 or not.

I bought MboxWave Indicators for NT8 and cannot get them to work. The indi developer said,

"The issue is you are not authenticating. It could be a firewall blocking the authentication. Are you behind a firewall? If you are, please open port 54321. I checked the server, looks like your PC is not making contact with the authentication server. This would only happen if you have a firewall that is closing ports.”

I removed my 3rd party Firewall/Anti-Malware software (Emisoft) and also turned off the Windows Firewall, but the indicators still do not display properly (see attachment 1-Firewall off.png). I have zero idea how to open a port. Please also see the attached "2-Data should look like this."

Is there anything that I may tweak within NT8 to help fix this issue?

Any other thoughts as to what I can do to allow the authentication?

Thank you kindly,

Scotty

Hello ScottyA,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately third party licensing is not controlled by NinjaTrader, you'll need to reach out to the developer of this indicator to troubleshoot why licensing this third party item may not be functioning.

Are you able to connect to your account and receive live data in the platform when not using this indicator?
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Heath. I figured as much about NT8 and 3rd party licensing, but my question is specific to NT8.

Asked differently, is there anything within NT8 that may function like a firewall, effectively blocking authentication? (I'm 99.8% sure I know the answer but 99.9% more hopeful that you might say yes).

Yes, I'm able to receive live data in the platform... even when using the indi. The problem is the indi doesn't display anything graphical (see attachment).

Thanks again,

Scotty

Comment

Hello ScottyA,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately there isn't anything in NinjaTrader itself which would prohibit or block any third party authentication from occurring.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses