Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Indicator Alert

Hello,
    I am trying to set an alert on the Ultimate Oscillator Alert.
    I right click the indicator, and select Alert, however I can't seem to figure out how to get an alert when the line crosses above or below the 70/30.

I may have figured it out. I have set crosses above/below 70 and 30.

Is only 1 actions needed for alerts for all 4 series of events?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Right now you're not comparing the Ultimate Oscillator to a numeric value. You're comparing the data series to a literal numeric value. The NQ is always above 70 and 30, so I suspect those conditions would be true all the time.

If I understand you correctly, you want to know when the Ultimate Oscillator plot crosses above or below 70/30? If that is the case, you need to change the left condition in your alerts from the data series to the Ultimate Oscillator indicator. Here is an example:

Also, I notice that you have 'If all' selected in your general properties. Since all four of your conditions can never be true all at once, you'll want to select 'if any' instead of 'if all':

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Right now you're not comparing the Ultimate Oscillator to a numeric value. You're comparing the data series to a literal numeric value. The NQ is always above 70 and 30, so I suspect those conditions would be true all the time.

If I understand you correctly, you want to know when the Ultimate Oscillator plot crosses above or below 70/30? If that is the case, you need to change the left condition in your alerts from the data series to the Ultimate Oscillator indicator. Here is an example:

Also, I notice that you have 'If all' selected in your general properties. Since all four of your conditions can never be true all at once, you'll want to select 'if any' instead of 'if all':

https://www.screencast.com/t/waa429dHR
      Thank you Patrick,
      The item I have selected on the left is the UO indicator, but I deleted the name and replace it with a '.'
      Yes that is correct I would like to be notified when the oscillator in the Ultimate Oscillator crosses above/below 70 & 30.

Is there a reason these alerts do not save when I save my workspace? Or do I just have some sort of smalll bug maybe?

Comment

Ah, thanks - I overlooked that detail!

The alerts should save as part of your workspace. Could you go into further detail about what is occurring? Here are the steps I take to ensure an alert is saved:
        • Create an alert in a chart window
        • Use the red 'X' in the top right of the Control Center to close the platform
        • Choose 'yes' to save my workspace
        • Restart NinjaTrader

When I restart, the alert exists in my chart in the state it was last configured and saved.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Are you able to reproduce an issue with alerts not saving when following the same steps as I do? What steps are you taking which result in your alert not being saved?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear