Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bar/chart update frequency

Hi,

I know this has been mentioned before, and I've requested it before, but I would just like to make some additional comments in the event there is a supported (or unsupported) way to do this, because I just ran an alternative platform side by side with NT, and the difference in price action 'feel' is soooo tremendous, I was knocked back.

On NT7, there was a chart update frequency. As I understand it, in NT8, it was decided (probably as users all set them too low and cause themselves performance issues) to remove all control from the user and simply sit the period at 500ms.

I would like to state, this to me has been a very significant issue for a long time. For the DOM, I personally find it useless as the update speed needs to be much higher. For my style of trading (mostly very short term), small period charts have been an issue for me. In comparing today with another platform where I can still set the period for the current bar to update, it's stunning. So much so I've immediately reverted to it!

In terms of the performance considerations, I have daily charts, hourly charts, minute charts etc and I'd be perfectly happy to set the update interval to much longer periods (longer than your default) on those, to offset the losses on the shorter term charts.

Honestly, if you try very short term charts with the updates painted more often, you will be amazed at the difference in feel. 500ms really is far too slow.

How is the vote to re-instate this going? Is there an unsupported way I might manage this? How likely is the feature to be restored in the near future?

Thanks.

The tracking ID for this feature request is SFT-1536.

We are well aware of the benefits that you and other supporters of this feature have suggested. Thanks again for your detailed feedback.

I have no further information about the status of this feature request at this time. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics

You'll find the tracking numbers provided in the release notes when a feature is implemented:

There is no way to access this programatically.

Comment

pjsmith would you kindly PM me the name of the alternative fit-for-purpose platform you refer to?

Kind regards,

Comment

Yes,

please add the (hidden or advanced) option to change the update period to something like 100ms!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji  
        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fitspressoburnfat