VIX error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIX error message

I keep getting an error message for the VIX - please see attachment. Not sure what the issue is. I started getting my data for the CME Globex from kinietick and I get my Equities data from TD.both are set in the "preferred data connections" setting.
    Attached Files

This indicates that you're making a data request from Kinetick for data that you're not subscribed to. Please contact Kinetick and confirm what is needed for ^VIX data.

Also, so I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Which data feed do you connect to first?
    • Do you have any preferred connections configured in the Control Center > Tools > Market Data settings?

Comment

I have vers: 8.0.21.1 64-bit , yes my preferred connection are set-up for Kinetick for futures and TD for stock.

Comment

^VIX is an index, not a future. This indicates that you're making a data request from Kinetick for data that you're not subscribed to. Please contact Kinetick and confirm what is needed for ^VIX data.

Comment

Thank you Patrick, I think I know that the VIX is an index and not a future. My question is why the error message?.It was working fine before I got Kinetick to feed my futures feed. As I mentioned: my preferred connection are set-up for Kinetick for futures and TD for stock. I am also connected to IB and still receive their data feed, just not for futures or Equities. The only difference from a few days ago is that Kinetick is feeding my data fro futures, and TD, for equities since it's faster than IB. all other connections have no "preferred connection settings" so why isn't the VIX connecting, since it was doing fine before adding Kinetick?

Comment

I suspect that previously all data was coming from Interactive Brokers. By default, NinjaTrader will attempt to pull data from the first connected connection. Since you have no defined preferred connection for index data, this is defaulting to Kinetick. Based on the message you're receiving, you're not subscribed for this data through Kinetick.

Potential solutions are to contact Kinetick and confirm what is needed for ^VIX data or set your preferred index connection to Interactive Brokers.

Here is a link with more information about how multiple connections work in NinjaTrader 8:

Comment

I figured it out. I added IB as my preferred connection for Index. For some reasons I was under the impression that Ninjatrader would figured it out for you automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                This indicates that you're making a data request from Kinetick for data that you're not subscribed to. Please contact Kinetick and confirm what is needed for ^VIX data.

Also, so I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
                • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
                • Which data feed do you connect to first?
                • Do you have any preferred connections configured in the Control Center > Tools > Market Data settings?
                How can I get my TDA account to show up here?

Comment

clearlystocks , the following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD Ameritrade as well as specific connection configuration information:If you don't see TD Ameritrade as an available provider when creating a connection, this means your license key does not have permissions for that provider. Please contact my colleague on the Platform Sales Team for more information on licensing:
                  • PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kujista
                  by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM