Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CONNECTION DELAY ON START-UP (15-30 Mins To Connect After Start-Up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONNECTION DELAY ON START-UP (15-30 Mins To Connect After Start-Up)

Hello,
    I have been having issues with the time it takes for the connection to my account to go live upon start-up. My account login is set to "connect on start-up", but when I open the application & get all of the screens booted up I have to wait on average 15minutes before the live data kicks in & I am able to see my account data. IN FACT, MOST OF THE TIME I START UP AND GET AN ALERT MESSAGE SAYING THAT THE IB IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO CONNECT. THIS IS NOT TRUE & I USUALLY HAVE TO RESTART A FEW TIMES AS WELL AS WAIT FOR A VERY LONG TIME JUST TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT.... The time it takes for the connection to go live is a MINIMUM of 10 minutes & it sometimes takes as much as 30 minutes before I can place a trade or see any live market data after booting up the application. I often get sick of waiting and restart the program by closing and rebooting it, but that rarely helps and I susppect that might make it take even longer. Has anyone else been experiencing a completely unreasonable delay in connecting after starting up their NT* application & logging in???
    Last edited by danomun; 05-15-2020, 08:38 AM.

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Hello, Thank you for the fast reply. I have followed the steps that you outlined & I am currently waiting to see if it connects. Any Idea why I keep getting the alert message stating that the IB I am trying to connect is not authorized? It usually only requires a restart & only pops up once but that adds about 10 minutes minimum on to the time it takes to connect...

Comment

I'd recommend double-checking all connection settings within NinjaTrader and TWS/Gateway. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80