Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko chart - screen remains empty

Hi!
    I'm for the first time trying to setup a Renko chart, but when I select Renko, the chart doesn't show any bar.
    I'm guessing it's because of the data subscription that I currently have. I searched the forum but could not find a (good) answer.

I'm using NT8, 8.0.20.0 64-bit.
    Data via Interactive Brokers.

Could you please help out, and if this is because of the data subscription, could you please give me the options available?
    I know Kinetic has good data, but that's USD 65 per month. I hope to get more affordable live and historical data.

Thanks a lot
    Dennis

​​​​​​​

Hello deetee,
    Thank you for writing in.

If you are looking for data outside of what your brokerage offers then you may want to use Kinetick to provide this data.

Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader platform.

The Basic Service package for $65/month is our base fee for receiving market data and real-time exchange fees can be added individually to suit your trading needs. You can view a list of supported exchanges and the corresponding exchange fees from the Kinetick subscription page:

For an exact price quote, please email Kinetick directly at Support[at]Kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Thomas,
      Thanks for your quick response.
      Are there cheaper options available from other providers?

Also, can you please inform me what kind of data I need for Renko charts. That's tick data, correct?

And, is my understanding about data correct?
      1> Historical data: This gives the historical price
      2> Real-time data: This gives the current price
      3> For these both I can use different providers

And, when becomes real-time data historical data? Is that right after each tick?
      And, in case you only have real-time data, is this data recorded (within NT8) while NT is running and connected to real-time data, so it become historical data? Could you please explain how this works?

Thanks again

Comment

We do not have pricing information for other data providers. Please reach out directly to any data providers you have questions about. If you have further questions regarding Kinetick pricing, please contact Kinetick via email:Your understanding of the data you need to build Renko charts and the ability to receive real-time and historical from different providers is correct. Here are links with more information on both of these topics:When you load a chart, real-time would exist from that moment onward (if you connected feed provides real-time data) and historical data would exist from that moment and back.

You can record real-time data as historical by going to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Enable 'Record live data as historical'Also, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Thanks. From your link I got to this page, that displays several data providers: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Also, I now understand that I can get cheaper data via NT Brokerage, which I subscribed to.

Have a good day

Comment

Arghhh, I need your help again. I only have a single broker license with IB.
            So I can't use NT Brokerage without paying for the multibroker license, is that correct?
            And is it correct, that I can also not use the data subscription that I subscribed to yesterday? If so, can I get a refund for this as I haven't been able to connect to it yet and will not be able to?

I guess you can't answer this question, but why is this all so disappointing? I have the feelling, that from the start with NT I (read: everybody) have been given limited information to get from 1 problem to another, and am only able to solve it by paying more and more...

Comment

deetee , I apologize for any confusion you have experienced so far. Please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales Team directly at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com to address your new inquiry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred