Collapse

Horizontal Divergence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to make a triggerline crossover that paints the background w/ the wizard thru strategies and I'm failing can u see what i'm doing wrong? I'm going to tackle the other thing after this I thought this would be easier. It's been a long day u guy's can try to help me tomorrow if u see what I'm doing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the rest... I slipped a c in editor on last pic.. must of been tired
      Attached Files
      Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-26-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

The Offset is not used when using Cross above with two series.

Is the Cross above condition not evaluating as true?

Print the values to the output window with the time so that we may understand why the condition is not evaluating as true.
        Please include the output in a text file with your next post.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior and includes a video created with the Strategy Builder.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The 3rd pic is showing that offset theres symbol options or I just ignore it? Of course it didn't compile. Do I need to use the Inputs & Variables? 1st pic.

Hang on.....
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting close to what u wanted here but in video u went kind of fast I tried to print values in the output window w/ the time when I update chart or compile nothing happens
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking I would be better off to concentrate on trading I did do 2 trades for 4 pts each and was good but instead of practicing replay this afternoon I'm trying to learn something that u guys went to school for to learn & I'm trying to pick it up in one week just getting frustrated & at times discourage. Not for long mind you

Make money pay someone to do this tech stuff for under $200 basically $75 an hour drop $400 have it all done and also learn as I watch and I will get a recording. So if I cant get this figured out I need to spend this energy in my trading plan and get it back going.
              Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-27-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

Do nothing in the offset section when using Cross above / below in the center with two series.

Do you have controls you want the user to be able to adjust? (The Inputs and Variables are discussed in the Strategy Builder 301 video)

The errors are showing on lines 30, 31, and 32 where the indicator variable is being declared.
                This may indicate an issue with the programming of the indicator you are calling.

May I test this indicator on my end?
                If so, please attach the importable .zip file for the indicator with your next post.

Comment

I uploaded the indicator see if you are able to look at it. I think a simpler trigger line indicator would be better there use to be one with only the period & color setting none of the other fancy variables. I can only find this Blttriggerlines indicator. I use to have a simpler one in Ninja 7.

Oh, the inputs & variables section is to allow the user to make his own setting adjustments..? okay I see. So u don't see any obvious errors in my pics? It could be the indicator? If that happens to be the case I can use two simple MA's or something? If I can find another simpler trigger line that might also do the trick.

Thank you again for trying to help me. Bltopeningrange-Opening-Range-Indicator.zip
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-28-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

The indicator you have uploaded is for NinjaTrader 7 and will not import into NinjaTrader 8.

Are you using NinjaTrader 7?
                    Do you have a version for NinjaTrader 8?

Trying calling two SMA indicators as demonstrated in the Strategy Builder 301 video, let me know if you have questions.

Comment

Sorry about that I cant find my original download here it is from the user app share I just downloaded it so I can pass it to you as well as the location in the website.

I'll go ahead and try it w/ two MA's see what happens.

This indicator is my version of the older “TriggerLines” and “anaTriggerLines”, where two lines are plotted, one is based on the Linear Regression and the other is an EMA on that Linear Regression. Features in this version, 1. User selectable indicators for both the Linear Regression line and the EMA line. 2. Optional arrows drawn […]
                      Attached Files

Comment

I never made it this far before Chelsea I feel like I just caught the ball in the end zone but still need to get both feet down to make it count. lol I still need to make it into a indicator but at least now I know it's do able. I have to find that basic triggerline indicator that other one is not cutting it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

Thank you for providing the NinjaTrader 8 indicator file.

The original author chose to use a lower case letter for the class (not good practice for public objects) and this interferes with the Strategy Builder as it creates a private variable using a lowercase letter.

You could fix this indicator so it works in the Strategy Builder by changing the class declaration to BltTriggerLines instead of bltTriggerLines on line 32, then delete the entire NinjaScript generated code region (and contents) at the bottom and recompile.

Comment

Okay simple fix there's always something that trips us up. Thank you Chelsea for looking into that. My latest episode was successful in making the strategy I had errors when I copy/past the strategy code into the indicator from NinjaScript Editor.

I changed the words back to 'Indicators' and 'Indicator' (2nd spot) and put // in front of: like this.. // AddChartIndicator(SMA1);
                            // AddChartIndicator(SMA2);

So I went and checked out my new strategy on a chart and it doesn't actually paint the whole background it paints a vertical line at crossover's.

Here's this video of what I'm doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z6WrkOOWpQ&t=393s start about 9 min's into it.

Do u have a video of doing the same thing? Making a indicator from strategies. The 301 & 401 doesnt exactly cover that.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

The Bar background is the background behind that specific bar and is not the chart background (and is not labelled as a chart background).

The chart background can be set in an unlocked script with ChartControl.Properties.ChartBackground.
                              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...properties.htm

The video you have provided a link to is for NinjaTrader 7 and is not for NinjaTrader 8. Are you using NinjaTrader 7?
                              The video you have provided a link to also does not attempt to set the chart background. Are you certain you have linked the correct video?

May I confirm you have reviewed the Strategy Builder 301 video in its entirety?
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-31-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I know that video was NT7 and he wasn't talking about color background he had arrows I overlooked that it would just paint behind the bar not chart background.

Chelsea so your saying I can make the chart background change color as my indicator changes color? By going into the script (Which is the coding info)
                                That script above where does that go? The Syntax is the chart control? I don't understand where I can go into chart settings to unlock background.

I just got done watching the entirety (Never hurts)but it doesn't demonstrate how to convert your strategy into a indicator (Using strategy to build indicator)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-29-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post mmenigma  
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                9 responses
                                0 likes