Collapse

Horizontal Divergence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Chelsea, (It's probably the next day)

I went into the strategy builder and renamed the indicator with BltTriggerLines and it compiled. I didn't delete the
    (entire NinjaScript generated code region (and contents) at the bottom and recompile.) I wasnt sure what that was? But it compiled anyway, I'm about to try the strategy w/ the new name... we will see. (not sure i'll get far that tonight)

I just realized it's not in indicator form yet still in strategy. It will make a difference. Closing shop do it tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-29-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Delete in white square then compile? 2nd pic it complied!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-29-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

To create a new indicator right-click the Indicators folder in the NinjaScript Editor, then give the script a new unique name, click Save.

To make a copy of an indicator or any unlocked script, open the original script in the NinjaScript Editor, right-click the code, select Save As, give the script a new unique name, click Save.

(For this unique indicator there are enums declared in a custom namespace (this is the correct way to do it), which does not allow for two scripts to have a duplicate namespace. Before making the copy, set the original script to Exclude from compilation by right-clicking the script in the NinjaScript Explorer pane on the right.)

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...xplorerDisplay

To copy a strategy locked for editing in the Strategy Builder go to the Welcome page. Click the arrow to open the Strategies list drop-down, hover the mouse over the strategy you would like to copy, click save as, give the script a new unique name, click Compile.

To copy the code from a strategy generated with the Strategy Builder, click the View Code button on the Strategy Builder, copy the code logic in OnBarUpdate() to the indicators OnBarUpdate(). Also copy all private variables in the Variables region, and all public variables in the Properties region.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-31-2020, 05:00 PM.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for those instructions I'm working thru them. bltdavid renamed his indicator yesterday for me I uploaded it & it still doesn't want to cooperate there must still be something in there hanging it up? I turned around did the same thing but w/ Lin.Reg. indicator (it's close to TriggerLine) and strategy compiled no problem. Can you have another look to see why it wont compile please?

Thanks for your patience I'm slowly picking up on this stuff.
          Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-31-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I ran thru instructions in #48 I probably missed something there's no errors but its not compiling either as if it's taking forever to compile. Tomorrow I'm going to do it again i'll put up 2 screenshots of what I copy/paste w/ no errors reporting.

I'm going to delete and try again on the morrow...

InStyle
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

3rd party addons must be supported by the author or vendor that distributes these. Our staff is not able to assist with 3rd party software.

However, this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

Do let me know if there are any system indicators distributed with NinjaTrader that cause an issue.

I am providing a video that demonstrates changing the name of the original indicator to start with a capital letter does appear to allow the indicator to be called in the Strategy Builder.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I appreciate making that recording. I watch it 3 times before trying and then I tracked along step by step and did the steps got to the end it wouldn't compile. I then went into my Documents > NT8>Indicators> I deleted any & all bltTriggerLine indicators deleted all strategies (I put in) because previous work was still on my pc so I figured thats why it wouldn't compile?

I'm going to do it again now from scratch I just download bltTriggerLine (with small b) from Ninja UserAppShare if it fails i'll let u know. p.s. I did do every single thing.

Comment

Hello Bill,

In the video I excluded the original, made a copy with a new name, deleted the original, excluded the copy, made a copy of the copy with the original name using a capital letter, deleted the wizard generated code at the bottom, then deleted the first copy. After this I could use the indicator in the Strategy Builder.

The reponsibility of correcting the script comes down to the original author. You may want to provide the video to the original author.

Comment

I did it this 2nd time and successful I think it was because I had to also delete previous indicators on my pc.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I feel like I'm in the land of OZ I'm tweaking various things in the strategy and it keeps accepting my compiling I take a big sigh of relief too if this keeps happening I'm gonna get used to it.

We still need to get this into a indicator so I can use it over in my live account I just figure celebrate the victories one battle at a time we still have to take another hill wars not over. But somehow I got the whole background to paint I think I know what I did.

You know how initially it paints just behind the candle? Instead of '0' on the crossover I put '20' to see what would happen but I'm not using 'crossover' anymore didn't like the result so I'm using 'greater' and 'Less' and thats pretty good better than crossover setting. Except for one thing but it acts as a warning signal though when the small TriggerLine is inside the large trig it counts that as a trig crossing the other one. If I could have 3 colors I would shade that lighter for the warning.

When one trig gets inside the other at that setting traditionally price gets weaker & especially at a fib or some s/r.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by trdninstyle; 06-01-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

I've read through your post a few times but I'm not sure I'm understanding this as a question.

Is your question: "You know how initially it paints just behind the candle?"

The ZOrder controls if the indicator is above or below the chart bars.

Comment

Sorry about that I got rambling. I have question about the use of Zorder I have it in picture easier for me. Thankyou again for making that video.
                          * It looks like Zorder determines how drawing objects get plotted either behind or in front of the bars it's not what I was initially thinking.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by trdninstyle; 06-01-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

1. First I would like to learn how to take this indicator that right now is in the form of a strategy and to copy the script over into a Indicator script so I can pull indicator up at any time when I'm in my live key for real trading.

2. This is my next task: I want to create a Fibonacci Extension (100% only) that identifies and draws 100% extensions on my designated chart by drawing a yellow dash line. (Attachment)

These two items 1. Make strategy into a indicator 2. Make a 'one2one' indicator (That's the name for 100% extension indicator)

Attached Files

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

Thank you for your reply.

Chelsea is out of the office today, but I'm glad to help.

For the most part, as long as the code you're currently using in the strategy does not submit orders, then you should be able to use the same code in an indicator. You can use conditional statements in an indicator the same way as done in a strategy.

I would suggest using the Indicator Wizard to set up the basic structure of the indicator. Once you've done that, you'd want to unlock the code for the strategy if you created it using the strategy builder and start copying and pasting sections of the code into the basic framework you've made for the indicator.

It's important to mention that some things, like AddChartIndicator() won't work in an indicator. In the case of AddChartIndicator, you would want to either add the indicator in question to the chart separately for visual means, or you would need to plot that indicator from within the hosting indicator.

I'm including a quick video of how I go about converting a strategy that doesn't take trades into an indicator:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

You can actually set your Fibonacci Extensions to only show 0% and 100%, or just 100% if you like. Here's a quick video to show you how to set that up as well:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Note that you can change the line color and dash style of each level from the configured levels screen, so if you like you can certainly make it display as a dashed yellow line.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                              Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate how are you?

Actually I got the idea to start practicing writing in some code language from the examples in Ninja help guide to see the examples all the way thru I figured it's probably the best way to learn.
                                I'll do a lot of copying of samples to get the swing of it.

Do you think that would be my fastest way to start learning? So I can develop my indicators that I have idea's for.

That 100% extension for current swings is for a indicator to plot automatically on my chart the name of it is 1:1 or (one2one) it's a A B = C (Elliot Wave) I do plot them manually but don't catch them all. It would have to be made in a strategy first then converted over to a indicator I imagine.?

I like learning from videos especially in this field of programming I'll watch that video now that's about converting it to a indicator.

Thank you for providing that I'll tackle this first (The indicator from strategy) then roll up my sleeves and make a 1:1 indicator next (w/ your guidance)

Bill

'Tradinginstyle'

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post kempotrader  
                                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM