Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Keys - external device?

Hi

Can I use an external keypad / game controller to control the NT8 hotkey functions?

Thanks.

While we have not tested this internally, we have reports from users that they successfully use these input devices for use with NinjaTrader.

I encourage any users with relevant information to provide their feedback and experiences when using input devices other than a keyboard and mouse with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Yes it works great I have three mice each with 15 Hot keys assigned

James

Comment

Thanks James

Do you still need to use the ctrl key on the keyboard, or can the external device so it all alone?

I want to use one of these things:

Comment

I have been using a Logitech G13 Gamepad with NT7 for several years and later with NT8.

It looks similar in purpose to the one you have shown, which I do not recognise (what is it please? Eventually my G13 will die and may then not still be available).

I use it for everything possible. I now consider it a pain if I have to slide out my keyboard whilst trading.

The G13 comes with its own user-friendly configurable software which allows you to program the keys with a variety of functions from keyboard shortcuts to slightly more sophisticated instructions.

For the more demanding/adventurous/lazy/intolerant of mouse-clicking, this can be expanded through a programming language called LUAScript, which allows seemingly endless possibilities limited only by one's imagination and determination.

For example, I hit a key for 'Start-up' and Ninja starts, connects, loads my workspaces sequentially with suitable delays in-between to load charts, DOMs, Data etc, refreshes my historical data etc etc doing everything necessary to be in ready-mode to trade.

Once in 'trading mode', everything is controlled from the pad - moving the mouse pointer on the DOM Buy side, Sell side with the joystick, switching between Workspaces assigned to Keys, Drawing Tools etc.

I use multiple large monitors, so no more scrolling around with my thumbwheel, hit the appropriate key and my mouse is on the DOM of choice (having centred the DOM for me immediately beforehand).

Regrettably some of the standard Windows shortcuts available in every other piece of software I know have been omitted in 8 (they are all available in 7) which is a retrograde step in terms of what I can achieve or how I can achieve it (having to program mouse positions by screen grid-reference and clicks rather than being able to Left/Right/Up/Down arrow navigation around the Windows environment, Alt-F for file menu drop-down, that sort of thing. But for the most part, most of the things I want to do frequently whilst trading can be achieved with the NT8 Hot Key assignments assigned to a Gamepad key including Ctrl, so my Keyboard remains tucked away.....

I've asked for these to be re-instated and it has a tracking number which I don't recall. Please add your Vote, FWIW.

As you can see in the picture, the Logitech has an LCD that can display various things. I use it to display CPU and Memory load, which I have found useful for setting up my Setup and seeing in real-time the demands on resources.

Kind regards,
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            While we have not tested this internally, we have reports from users that they successfully use these input devices for use with NinjaTrader.

I encourage any users with relevant information to provide their feedback and experiences when using input devices other than a keyboard and mouse with NinjaTrader.

I have been using a SteelSeries Rival 500 mouse....it has 9 buttons that can be used as Ninja hotkeys...screen shots below....9 buttons pretty much cover my main Ninja hotkeys.
            The buttons are all easily accessible...& the mouse software is very easy to configure....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Alfred; 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, very informative.

Bruce, the gaming keypad is called the:

Razer Tartarus V2 Chroma

I do not own it yet and never have but I thought it would be very useful for fast hot key execution.

I looked at the G3, sadly it's out of manufacture now, so eBay only I believe.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist  
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rehmans