Update ninjatrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update ninjatrader 8

Hello, is there any way to update ninjatrader 8 automatically? And if not, if it is manually, how can it be done? Today I just saw that it had an old installation and the program did not warn me. Thank you.

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader must be updated manually. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    In-product announcements will automatically pop up when a new version is released. However, there is a "Do not show again" checkbox that appears on these announcements. If this box was checked, no further announcements would be shown concerning updates until the platform has been reinstalled.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, so is there a way to automatically notify me every time there is a new version? Can you go deeper into this topic? And for ninjatrader 7? Does it work the same? To not repeat the post.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your reply.

There is not an option to manually set a reminder or notification to update, however, a pop up will automatically show when NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 is launched after a new release. In NinjnaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8, an in-product announcement will automatically pop up when a new version is released. However, there is a "Do not show again" checkbox that appears on these announcements. If this box was checked, no further announcements would be shown concerning updates until the platform has been reinstalled.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But the problem is that I had an old version of Ninjatrader 8 installed and I knew it was old because I entered the ninjatrader website and wanted to get a demo account for the data. This and only way was when I found out that there was a new version BUT the program never warned me that there was a new version. This is why I ask you if there is a way to force “OPTIONS” to notify me when there is a new version. Regards.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Open the "News and Announcements" directory from the main NinjaTrader Forum - Top right hand of page you can subscribe to this directory.
            This method doesn't automatically update NinjaTrader 8 but it will notify you when a new build has been released.
            Hope this helps !!

Comment

Thank you very much, I meant this

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fxRichard, Today, 04:35 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post fxRichard  
              Started by fernlicht, Today, 01:59 AM