Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Suspended in Task Manager

Hello,

I get this error about every 7 -10 days. When NT freezes I go into task manager and I see that it is suspended. The only thing I've found that gets NT running again is a restore. Unfortunately I started testing a new system on Tuesday (created a sim account in NT) and when it crashed today I had to restore (from a backup I made on Monday) which wiped out that account. That hurt.

I'm with Oanda FWIW. It use to happen when I would try to connect to Oanda during off hours (5PM Friday - 5PM on Sunday). When trying to do so it would corrupt historical data for any given pair which would then cause NT to freeze. Today I shut NT down because of a Windows update and when I started it backup it froze.

I was getting by just doing a restore but now it's becoming a PITA. Hopefully someone can work with me to put a lid on this problem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Segwin; 09-14-2018, 05:07 AM.

Hello Segwin,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I can reproduce this by attempting to download NinjaTrader server historical data for a period beyond that which is supported. As an example, today, 09/26/2018, there is not data for ES back past 07/31/2017. So, if I open a chart of ES 12-18 (Merge Non Back Adjusted) that ends at 07/31/2017 and set it to load 730 days (two years) it will almost immediately hang with "Suspended" in Task Manager and cannot be recovered. What my scenario and yours have in common is that I'm connected to CQG data and like OANDA there is not historical data so they are hitting NinjaTrader's historical data servers to get the data (that is not there). One can also create this situation in some cases by disconnecting during a data download.

Here's the relevant section of the trace:

2018-09-26 10:01:37:191 (CQG (AMP)) CQG.Adapter.Disconnect
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:206 (CQG (AMP)) CQG.Adapter.OnAccountChanged: fcmAccountId='ac98470' accountId='373381' changeType='Remove' fcmName='AMP'
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:515 (CQG (AMP)) CQG.Adapter.DisconnectNow
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:517 (CQG (AMP)) CQG.Adapter.Dispose
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:521 (CQG (AMP)) Cbi.Connection.ConnectionStatusCallback: status=Disconnected priceStatus=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting previousPriceStatus=Disconnecting errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:521 (CQG (AMP)) Cbi.Account.OnConnectionStatus: account='Sim101' fcm='' status=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting message=''
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:523 Flushing DB thread
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:523 (CQG (AMP)) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Provider8 status=Disconnected priceStatus=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting previousPriceStatus=Disconnecting errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:525 (CQG (AMP)) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus.D ispatcherInvoke: Provider8 status=Disconnected priceStatus=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting previousPriceStatus=Disconnecting errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-09-26 10:01:37:525 NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Using args status=Disconnected
      2018-09-26 10:01:47:678 ERROR: Data.BarsBytes.Decompress: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
      at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
      at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsBytes.ReadHeader(BinaryReader reader)
      at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsBytes.Decompress(BinaryReader reader, Boolean fromUtc, Bars barsProxy, Nullable`1 minTime, Nullable`1 maxTime, Boolean suppressSessionHandling)
      2018-09-26 10:01:47:678 ERROR: Data.Bars.Load6: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
      at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsBytes.Decompress(BinaryReader reader, Boolean fromUtc, Bars barsProxy, Nullable`1 minTime, Nullable`1 maxTime, Boolean suppressSessionHandling)
      at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.LoadFromRepository(Str ing fileName, Boolean& gotAll, Boolean isLastFile, Nullable`1 minTime)
      2018-09-26 10:01:48:175 ERROR: Data.BarsBytes.Decompress: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
      2018-09-26 10:01:48:175 ERROR: Data.Bars.Load6: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
      at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.LoadFromRepository(Str ing fileName, Boolean& gotAll, Boolean isLastFile, Nullable`1 minTime)

Immediately following this, the platform is unrecoverably hung (NinjaTrader 8.0.15.1).

If course, if I then change the date range to request to 07/31/2017 to 09/26/2018 (today) and carefully restart the platform (having deleted all the fouled databases from Tools -> Historical Data and all the files from the "db" folder) it then works fine and does not crash, so clearly the "Suspended" is directly linked to requesting historical data that cannot be retrieved.
      Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 09-26-2018, 08:24 AM.
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

This behavior was isolated to an interaction with Active Protection on Acronis True Image. Turning off Acronis Active Protection remedies the issue here, even if invalid historical requests are made.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Same here, both NinjaTrader 7 and also NT8 were entering "Suspended" on Task Manager and hanging immediately after I tried to download anything from Kinetick, either to fill in an active chart or to download historical data. I tried to white list both NT7 and NT8 on Adonis Active Protection/Ransomware which partially allowed me to update the active charts, but to download historical data I had to disable Adonis Active Protection/Ransomware. Then it worked ok except it took some time with "Not responding" on Task Manager while "saving", although after about 5 minutes when it finished saving, the "Not responding" disappeared and all was OK and well again.
          Last edited by tonybertoni; 03-14-2019, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes