Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activate strategies

Hi,

over the past few days I worked with NT8. In the start screen I could add new strategies with succes. I can compile code with no errors.
    Suddenly I cannot add new strategies in the strategy screen. When I choose "New strategy" and choose a strategy and Instrument no matter what I do bot on the Sim account and Trading account no new strategies were added to the start screen of NinjaTrader.

I deinstalled NT8 and reinstalled. I used Tools-Database management to reset the database. WIth no luck.

When in Chart modus I can choose a chart for an instrument and add a strategy to the chart. This strategy does appear in the start screen. So via the chart option it works (using the same compiled strategy).

The LOg tab does not show any errors regarding NT. Only thing I do not understand is a message sec-def data error. See attachment.

I cannot explain why I suddenly cannot add strategies anymore. No compiling errors and as it works via the chart screen, but this is a annoying when adding about 40 instruments.....

Hope to hear suggestions how to fix this or verify.

Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files

Hello stefanrvc,

Are you talking about right-clicking the blank area in the Strategies tab of the Control Center and selecting New Strategy?

If so, are any filters enabled on this tab?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. I was not aware of filtering! Explains it all.

Regards
      Stefan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses