Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit orders are not placed, Error "Order rejected"

Hey.
    A simple strategy for limit orders has been made. Faced with the fact that orders are not placed on the HMA. And in my plans to use a trailing stop, I did not understand how to do this in strategy builders.
    Please help.
    If possible, tell me how to cancel a limit order after 2 hours.

Hello Serega4893,

Thanks for your post.

According to the error message display, the sell limit order is being placed at an invalid price of zero. Sell limit orders would need to be placed above the current price, long limit orders would need to be place below the current price. From the code it appears that you are placing both orders at a price of zero. I suspect you used the Indicator in the "signal name" field and should be applied to the "limit Price" field if that is an appropriate price.

A trail stop in the strategy builder is a simple trail stop that will start at the number of ticks away from the entry that you specify. As the trade moves into profit the trail stop would be moved an equal number of ticks, it will not move backwards. A limitation of the trail stop is that the strategy must run with calculate.OnPriceChange or calculate.OnEachTick. From the help guide, "Trail stop orders are modified based on the strategies 'Calculate' settings. In the case of 'Calculate' on bar close, when the bar closes the trail stop order modification will occur using the closing price of the bar as the reference price to apply the trail offset. Subsequently if the open price of the next bar is significantly higher or lower then the current close price then there is a possibility that the calculated trail stop price is now an invalid stop price. This is a risk with modifying any stop order closer to the current market price since any modification above/below the current price would be rejected." Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ttrailstop.htm

Limit orders, in the Strategy Builder are automatically cancelled if they are not filled on the bar that they are submitted.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Revazi123, Today, 08:48 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
    Started by M_ichel, Today, 08:38 AM
    1 response
    0 likes