X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Error

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I installed NinjaTrader 8, opened NinjaScript Editor and tried compiling SampleMACrossOver and get the error: "Duplicate 'global::System.Runtime.Versioning. TargetFrameworkAttribute' attribute". Please see attached the screenshot.

I also have Visual Studio 2019 Community installed, but this compile error is within NinjaScript Editor itself.

Thanks,
    Sujith

Hello Inflamed_Luny,

Thanks for your message.

There error is referencing an AssemblyAttributes.cs file which would normally not be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ folder where NinjaScript source code and assemblies reside.

I would not expect hitting this error in a clean environment since that file would not be included.

Please let us know if the issue is seen when testing in a clean environment.

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    3. Test compiling NinjaScripts in the clean envrionment
    If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much. Your suggestion solved the problem. This install also looks a lot better with SuperDOM, MarketAnalyzer etc. launched.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      167 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite  
      Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred