Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with using data series from one indicator as input for another

Hello,

I have exposed plot dataseries from one indicator I would like to use as input for another indicator just using the native select input source for ninjatrader indicators (i.e. I would like to see my exposed data series as potential inputs). I noticed that the Orderflow VWAP indicator allows you to select plots as input sources, but I have not been able to figure out how to do that and that code appears to be protected behind an assembly. Any assistance in resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

Hi radi8, thanks for your question.

The indicator that is taking the input must be set up to do so. For example, if you try to set an indicator input for the ATR indicator, the close price will still be used. I attached a modification of the ATR indicator that is capable of receiving indicator input.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris, thank you for your reply. While that solution may allow an indicator to use the data series from another indicator, it does not address the issue of those data series being visible in the NinjaTrader input selection interface. I have an indicator with two plots, the data series of which is exposed in the indicator, and I would like the user to be able to select that data as input for another indicator. My issue is that I cannot figure out how you guys did that with the OrderFlow VWAP indicator. Please see attached image. I would like my plots to show up like they do for the OF VWAP indicator. Your guidance is appreciated.

Comment

Hi radi8, thanks for your reply.

Either I am missing a setting or you have an older version of NinjaTrader. I don't see this Plot setting under the Parameters section. Could you post a full picture of the VWAP parameters and also make sure you are running the latest version of NinjaTrader under Help>About> My version is NinjaTrader 8.0.21.1. If you are behind on updates run the installer on this page:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

I look forward to hearing from you

Comment

I have the current release.

Sequence of events:
          - Add indicator (ATR in this example)
          - Change input series
          - Select Orderflow VWAP
          - Select a plot

My indicator has two plots. I would like those plots to be available as an input data source for other indicators, like the OF VWAP. But, at present, they are not and I don't know how to fix that. Hope this is clearer.

Comment

Hi radi8, thanks for your reply.

"My indicator has two plots. I would like those plots to be available as an input data source for other indicators" Is this not what I demonstrated with the ATR? Could you clarify the difference here?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Chris, I discovered the problem and will share the solution in the event anyone else is having this issue.

I was adding my plots in State.Configure. When moved to State.Defaults in OnStateChange they became visible as input sources for other indicators.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post cls71
              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM