Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Link on Positions Tab

Hello,

As a future feature I'd like to see the ability to instrument link from the positions tab.

Thanks,

Terry

Hello Terry,
    Thanks for your post.

I can certainly submit that request for you. So that I can be as detailed as possible when I write up this request can you go into further detail on what you would want the behavior to be when the Positions tab is instrument linked to another window?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
      Hello Terry,
      Thanks for your post.

I can certainly submit that request for you. So that I can be as detailed as possible when I write up this request can you go into further detail on what you would want the behavior to be when the Positions tab is instrument linked to another window?
      Hi Josh,

Just to have the ability to click on the instrument and have it come up in the chart window right away (like the Market Analyzer and Alert windows.

Thanks.

Comment

This turned out to be an active feature request, so I went ahead and had a vote added on your behalf.
        The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-2284. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just curious if there is an ETA on this feature. It seems extremely useful to click on a position and have it load the charts. I'm a bit surprised this isn't in the software by default.

Comment

This feature has not yet been implemented, however, a similar functionality can be achieved with a Market Analyzer and instrument linking to a chart. Here is a short video example:Here are links with more information about the Market Analyzer and Window Linking:

Comment

Thanks Patrick. This helps, but is there a way to auto add positions to Market Analyzer or do they have to be manually added? It just seems natural to select a position from the Positions window to see the chart.

Comment

There is no way to auto-add instruments as you desire. That would be the purpose of the feature request. I was just providing a potential stopgap until that feature is available in the platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick