• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

multi-time frame chart candles not lining up correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi-time frame chart candles not lining up correctly

Chart below is 1-min candlestick, 3-min candlestick, 15-min box
    The 3-min candlesticks are appearing 1 minute to the right of where they should begin - so the 3-min open/close doesn't match up to the 1-min candles.
    For example, the green 1-min at 10:28 should be the first candle in the green 3-min candle. But, it is appearing in the previous 3-min candle.

I've tried changing the size of the 1-min & 3-min candles, but the problem is the 3-min are too far to the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3minCandlesWrong.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1101823

Hello PLeary,

This would be expected behavior, as the candle's wick will always center on its closing time.

To explain this behavior in a bit more detail please take a look at the screenshot below, comparing 1-minute and 3-minute candles of the same data series:

Name:	1-3-minute-candles.png
Views:	34
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1101844

As a candle's wick will draw at the time it closes, a 3-minute candle running from 6:00 to 6:03 would draw at the 6:03 mark. Whereas the 1-minute candles draw at 6:01, 6:02 and 6:03

If the 3-minute candle is then drawn together with the 1-minute candle it would appear as if the 3-minute candle is one step further to the right than it should be, as the candle ending at 6:03 is centered on 6:03, but (if its width is increased) would cover the 1-minute bars to its left and right, which would mean it appears to go from 6:01 to 6:04 instead of 6:00 to 6:03.

I hope this explained this behavior in a bit more detail. Please let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks i understand your response. I changed the 3-min candles to box type. The box covers from high to low of the 3 candles, so it looks more like what I want. The 10:28 candle is now inside the green box.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1101847

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rafaelabe1977, Today, 03:51 AM
      1 response
      0 likes