Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi-time frame chart candles not lining up correctly

Chart below is 1-min candlestick, 3-min candlestick, 15-min box
    The 3-min candlesticks are appearing 1 minute to the right of where they should begin - so the 3-min open/close doesn't match up to the 1-min candles.
    For example, the green 1-min at 10:28 should be the first candle in the green 3-min candle. But, it is appearing in the previous 3-min candle.

I've tried changing the size of the 1-min & 3-min candles, but the problem is the 3-min are too far to the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3minCandlesWrong.PNG
Views:	653
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1101823

Hello PLeary,

This would be expected behavior, as the candle's wick will always center on its closing time.

To explain this behavior in a bit more detail please take a look at the screenshot below, comparing 1-minute and 3-minute candles of the same data series:

Name:	1-3-minute-candles.png
Views:	547
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1101844

As a candle's wick will draw at the time it closes, a 3-minute candle running from 6:00 to 6:03 would draw at the 6:03 mark. Whereas the 1-minute candles draw at 6:01, 6:02 and 6:03

If the 3-minute candle is then drawn together with the 1-minute candle it would appear as if the 3-minute candle is one step further to the right than it should be, as the candle ending at 6:03 is centered on 6:03, but (if its width is increased) would cover the 1-minute bars to its left and right, which would mean it appears to go from 6:01 to 6:04 instead of 6:00 to 6:03.

I hope this explained this behavior in a bit more detail. Please let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks i understand your response. I changed the 3-min candles to box type. The box covers from high to low of the 3 candles, so it looks more like what I want. The 10:28 candle is now inside the green box.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	522
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1101847

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view