Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using ATM strategies to “scalp” while maintaining a larger position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ATM strategies to “scalp” while maintaining a larger position?

I use ATMs to enter and exit trades, but sometimes I’d like to use another shorter term ATM to “scalp” as the market works itself to my main target. The issue is that every time I add on it automatically places my stop loss at the first ATM’s stop loss, and the take profit at the same level(which is fine). The issue is that the stop loss is typically several points more than I’m willing to risk on any one trade. Is there a way to enter into another trade, ignore the previous ATM price levels and basically have two separate trades going on at once?

Hello JustinOfNazareth,

Thank you for your post.

You may accomplish having two separate trades going at the same time by changing the ATM Strategy selection mode. To do so, please follow the directions below.

- In the order entry window (SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc..) right-click and select Properties.
    - In the Properties menu locate 'ATM strategy selection mode'. Click the drop-down menu and choose 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission'. This mode is designed to always create a new set of Stop Loss and Profit Target brackets (new ATM Strategy) with each new order placed.
    - Click Apply.
    - Click OK.

Additionally, more information may be found in the NinjaTrader Help Guide link below.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How do I initiate or resend an ATM strategy on an existing position if I forgot to send it with the order to open a position and it is already open?

Comment

Originally posted by Agora001 View Post
        How do I initiate or resend an ATM strategy on an existing position if I forgot to send it with the order to open a position and it is already open?
        Go to your "Positions" tab in the NT8 control center window, right click on the position and select Apply ATM Strategy and select the strategy you want to apply. If you need some ideas we have 23 different atm templates in a pack you can also get here: https://www.xabcdtrading.com/atm-template-pack/
        xabcdtrading
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone