Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace not coming back

Hi,
    I have only one workspace saved, but when i close NT8 and re-open, the workspace is not re-opened the same way as saved any more. Only the Control Window is being opened.
    How do I re-open my last saved Workspace the way it was saved ?

Regards,
    Frank

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
    2. Select "Restore workspace"
    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover
    Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:Alternately, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
    1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
    2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    3. Press the "Restore" button
    4. Select the items you wish to restore
    Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
    1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
    2. Right click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
    3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
    4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace
    Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
    • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8
    Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Comment

Hey Patrick,
      thanks for your detailed reply. Finally it seems my other workspaces had some kind of a problem to save. Whatever it was, when I added a new one now, it works again

Comment

Just recognizing that the saved workspace A is not bringing back the windows I had saved with it.
        I also created a workspace B, so to leave workspace A and then again go back to workspace A in terms to reload it,
        but still the same, the chart and script editor etc. would not load back, until i quit N8 and re-start it.
        Only then i get back my windows.
        Any idea what i maybe can do more, to get the probem solved ?

Comment

Are the windows in workspace A minimized?

I think I may not be understanding the exact steps you're taking in workspace A to first have/see windows then have them no longer available until restart. Can you provide the exact steps you're taking when switching/saving workspaces?

If possible, please record a video of the steps you're taking as well. I like to use Techsmith Jing which allows you to quickly capture and share videos:

Comment

yes, just switching between Workspaces, to see if the windows are arranged back, but seems if windows are minimized, they need all to be opened back manually.

Question, is there a workspaces setting which allows to pop back all windows into place, regardless if they were minimized at the current time ?

Comment

No, this is not possible. Is there a specific reason you're minimizing the windows in the first place? The workspace is saving your windows exactly as they're being left, and if they're left minimized then this is what will be saved. In other words, the workspace thinks you want to save the window minimized since you've minimized the window before saving.

There is a Windows tool to "minimize all" and "restore all" windows of a program. This may be useful for you:
              • While NinjaTrader is open, on your Windows task bar, you'll see a NinjaTrader icon. Hover your mouse of this icon.
              • Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard then right-click on the NinjaTrader task bar icon
              • A menu which contains 'Restore all windows' and 'Minimize all windows' will appear. Depending on the current state of your NinjaTrader windows, one of these will be greyed out
              • Minimizing all windows will make 'Restore all windows' available which may be the quickest way to return all windows to view

Comment

wow great, never knew the Shift + right click options !
                All works smooth with Workspaces 4 me now, thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rocketman7  
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes