Collapse

OnRender dataseries subpanels for multiple data series added to chart control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnRender dataseries subpanels for multiple data series added to chart control

I have a chart setup with multiple data series, each series in it's own panel.
    I wrote an indicator to paint custom bars. The indicator works fine on the 1st series but it doesn't paint on the rest. Is there something special needed in the OnRender method?

I attached the indicator [ATTACH]n1102318[/ATTACH] and the chart template. [ATTACH]n1102319[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	310
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1102317

By the way would the solution, if it exists, be the same if the indicator wanted to create a subpanel ( IsOverlay=false ) and then draw in both the price panel and the subpanel?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for your question.

Indicators will be allowed to plot/render onto the panel that they own and cannot draw on panels they do not own. IsOverlay will determine if the indicator should have it's own panel, or if it should plot/render on the data series' price panel.

For a multi data series chart, you could apply an IsOverlay = true indicator to each data series and the indicators can plot/render on those panels.

DrawOnPricePanel allows drawing objects to be placed on the price panel if IsOverlay is set to false. The DrawOnPricePanel property does not control where plots and custom rendering is placed however. (That is determined by IsOverlay)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I put an indicator on a chart the Indicators dialog has a Visual category with a Panel property. That can be set to "Same as input series" or a panel number. Given the chart template I provided with 8 different instruments loaded this property has panel choices 1-8. It's my expectation that setting Panel to 2 would give the indicator ownership of that panel. The indicator's OnRender method should then only "see" that panel. Apparently something else is going on here. I don't understand. In the screenshot below the highlighted chart ( 2nd from top ) should also have the blue and orange hollow bars like the top one ( that's what the indicator does in OnRender ).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	235
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1102458

Comment

Hello Brillo,

The Panel property under Visual determines what panel that indicator's plots/custom rendering would be drawn. The indicator will still be attached to the data series it is applied to and the price levels will be calculated from that data series.

I created a short video demonstration showing my IchimokuCloud indicator which uses IsOverlay set to true and uses custom rendering to help clarify.

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wJr...w?usp=drivesdk

For your case, I suggest applying separate instances of your IsOverlay=true indicator to each data series instead of applying them all on ES 06-20.

Please let me know if this demonstration does not resolve the matter on where the rendering resides and the data it is based on.

Comment

I watched the video and I can see my mistake of not specifying the right data series. I now have the dataseries and panels lined up correctly but it's still not painting. What's not shown in the screen shot is that instruments 6J through ZB are set to panels 3 - 8 respectively.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	1102586

Comment

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for your question.

I have attached a modification of your template which has the indicators applied to each data series and has panel set to Same As Input Series. If this is not what you are looking for, could you please clarify on what you would like to have done differently?

We look forward to assisting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post GLFX005