Change ATM Strategy on all charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change ATM Strategy on all charts

When I chose an atm strategy on the DOM, it does not change the strategy on the charts...Is there a way to make the ATM strategy change on all charts?

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your post.

You may have an ATM Strategy change on all charts by using the NinjaTrader window linking feature. Once window linking is set up, all windows set to the same color will display the active ATM Strategy.

You may link a chart to any other window that supports window linking such as another Chart or a SuperDom window. In NinjaTrader 8, you may link windows by Instrument or Interval. When multiple windows are linked, any change of Instrument or Interval in one window will automatically update the Instrument or Interval in other windows. Follow the instructions below to set up window linking.
    • Click either the left (Interval) or right (instrument) grey square button in the upper right-hand corner of the chart window.
    • Select a color.
    • Click either the left or right grey square button in the upper right-hand corner of the window you wish to link to the chart.
    • Select the same color.

Now window linking is set up between all windows set to the same color.
    Below you may find more information regarding window linking.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_windows.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My charts have always been linked and it has never changed the atm strategy on all the charts. I have to change the atm on all charts manually always.

When I change the atm on the dom, it only changes on the dom.

Because of this, if i choose an atm strategy on the dom, then click on a chart...then enter an order with the hot keys....it places the order without the atm strategy, because the atm is not active on the chart i clicked when i placed the order via hot keys.

I have to always make sure I click on the dom before using hot keys to place an order. That is the only way it will use the atm for the order.

I want to be able to choose the at on the dom or any chart...and by doing so it updates all charts to use that atm order. Is there a way to do that?

Comment

Linking the charts only changes the instrument or time. not the atm

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your reply.

Linking ATM Strategies is not supported by NinjaTrader at this time. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Skifree
          by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM