Price on DOM off by many points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price on DOM off by many points

When the market is moving fast...just like it did a few minutes ago....the price on the DOM leaves the price on the chart behind by about 6 points. and stays that way until it slows down. This has been happening for the past week when there is fast movement in one direction. Whats going on?

It sounds like you're describing what we call 'chart rendering delay'. This can occur when the amount of incoming data paired with your workspace complexity/PC capabilities causes NinjaTrader charts to fall behind real-time data.

If the root cause is simply the increase in market volatility, then the only way to mitigate this root cause is to simplify your workspace and optimize for performance. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Can anything be done to 'fix' the symptom while it's occurring? If so, what steps do you take?

If you disconnect from data, do your windows continue to print data in real-time? Or do they stop instantly.

Please tell me more about your open workspaces:
    • How many workspaces are open? If you close all but one workspace, does the symptom persist? Visit the link below to learn more about workspace mamagement:
    • How many total chart windows are in the main workspace? In those charts, how many chart tabs are there? In those chart tabs, how many total indicators are applied?
    To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

My pc is a new gaming PC.

16gb Ram
      500gb SSD
      Ryzen 5 2600 Processor
      Nvidia gtx 1660 6gb

Posted a photo of how my pc runs on fast market.

I had a very old PC that I was using about 1 month back with 8 charts open with many indicators and never had this problem.
      the reason I got a gaming PC was because I was told by one of you guys that my graphic card was very old and thats why i was experiencing trouble in the past with a different issue.

The whole reason for getting a new PC was so everything would perform well. But every time I have an issue, I'm told i have to remove things from my charts or have less and so on. What was NT8 built on? Nintendo?

1. I have 1 workspace open. My other work space is closed.
      2. There are 4 chart windows total and the DOM
      3. 3 chart tabs in one. 1 tab in the others.
      4. About 35 indicators total.

Added a image of my workspace also.

Comment

To use an analogy, even supercars have a 'red line'. While a Ferrari will outperform a Kia, they both still have limitations. Turning back to NinjaTrader, custom add-ons have a unknown effect on the platform and will need to be isolated and diagnosed to move forward.

Everything looks normal at the moment. If you've spoken with one of my colleagues about this exact symptom I'd suggest following up on that thread or with that email/ticket so you can continue the conversation with the person who has intimate knowledge of your symptoms and the troubleshooting performed so far.

If you can't find that thread/email. please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2579640 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

This is a new symptom. Have not spoke to anyone about this issue. I was only explaining that every time I do have an issue, I have to change something. I need what is in my workspace. I can't change anything. so other than changing my workspace and setting, what needs to be done?

Comment

Please send me your files by following the steps in post #6 so I may have more detailed information to work with.

Comment

Email Sent

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 08:25 PM
              1 response