Trading manually disables strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading manually disables strategies

When I trade with manually entered orders and close a position NT deactivates my strategies that are running on the same account. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for your post.

There wouldn't be a way to disable that functionality, but you could add buttons to your strategy so you can manually close out the position and keep the strategy running. An example strategy that implements buttons can be found below.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

okay. thanks for the script. I took a look at it. I didn't know about that UserControlCollection exposed by the StrategyBase. It looks like that's for the toolbar on the chart. Is that right?

Comment

Hello Brillo,

The UserControlCollection is meant for custom controls added by 3rd party scripts. It is designed to be separate from existing framework elements and it is not intended to modify the main menu toolbar.

More information can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...collection.htm

If you want to see other examples for adding buttons and user control's I suggest reviewing NinjaTrader_Chelsea's WPF modification examples.

Modifications to chart WPF elements and tab considerations - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

Thank you Jim. These are great resources.

Comment

Jim I down loaded the button zip several months ago but never was successful at inserting the code into my strategy. I am using strategy builder and wish to continue to use strategy builder after I add the buttons

Any help appreciated

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Adding buttons requires WPF modifications and requires programming by hand. Once a script is unlocked for manual code editing, it cannot be locked again for use in the Strategy Builder. Since the Strategy Builder is designed for simple strategies, the advanced modifications will have to be done with an unlocked strategy.

You could keep a copy of your Strategy Builder strategy, and use it to generate code and copy it into your main strategy which includes the buttons additions. The NinjaScript Editor 401 course goes into this and can help to transition you from Strategy Builder strategies to unlocked strategies.

NinjaScript Editor 401 (publicly available recording) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7aDpWoWUQs

Live Webinar - https://ninjatrader.com/Webinar/NinjaScript-Editor-401

If you are looking for services to have the buttons added to your script, you could enlist the services of a NinjaScript Consultant. If that is something that interests you, please let me know and we can have a colleague share additional information.

Comment

How do you "Keep a Copy" do you just keep what you have in strategy builder and View Code, copy that and create a new Strategy to then edit code?

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

You could copy the strategy from the Welcome page of the Strategy Builder, and then click Save As with the mouse over the strategy you want to copy.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post tsantospinto  
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM