Data Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Download

I'm familiar with other platforms; specifically MT4 and Zorro. With those two platforms I can download seemingly unlimited data from Oanda with little to no effort. I tried this: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide with both my MT4 and website credentials to no avail. Not sure whats going on there. I signed up for a demo account with Forex.com and that connection works great. I did this: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?download.htm to download 10 years of back data for all available forex pairs and it took several minutes. Leaving me to assume it worked. Now, when I open a 15 minute chart I can only scroll back one month. This leaves me in foreign territory. I must be doing something wrong or have a false assumption that, that amount of data can be downloaded from Forex.com. What should I do? I require more data to back test strategies.

Thank you,

Hi Herrwolf1,
    The period you have historic data for does not automatically tie to the chart period. When opening a new chart, you are prompted for which "Time frame" you want to load data. How many 15M bars did you load? When your chart is (already) open, click on the data series icon (4th icon from the right, looks like volume bars), then change "Bars to load" to a higher number.
    Let me know if this helps.
    NT-Roland

Comment

Hello Herrwolf1,

Thank you for your post.

In addition to increasing the number of days to load. Please make sure you are using NinjaTrader's historical data servers with your connection.

You can do this by going to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > select your connection and click Change.

Then in the connection settings, check the option 'NinjaTrader historical data server' and click OK.

You will need to disconnect and reconnect for the changes to take place.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Gents,

That helped tremendously. I just loaded a custom time frame from 01/01/2010 to last Friday and it appears to be all there.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
        31 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes