Playback end date... for users in other timezones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback end date... for users in other timezones

Been trying to debug my strategy with the Playback connection, as in live trading it made some unexpected trades last session.

Now... I am in Australia, so dates and times are AHEAD of USA. I have D/L'd the market data, I need to analyse trades made (in my timezone) on the 30th May...but, the Playback control will not allow entry of that date... as I guess NT thinks the week ended on 29th May... So I'm stuck... need to debug my code before I enable it for next session, but I can't use Playback as it has this hard stop at May 29...

Only an issue for us on the other side of the planet... but annoying. So...

Would it be possible to have the Playback end-date control timezone-aware... and thus permit me to select 30/05/2020?

Hope all that is clear, and I hope my suggestion might resolve the limitation that currently exists.
    Regards,
    T.

Hello tgn55,

I can look into this.

What is your specific time zone?

What is the instrument you are downloading data for?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TZ is GMT+9.5... It was for YM, but surely that is not relevant? My system has the data... but the most recent data (on the weekend, at least...) was timestamped Saturday 30th local time, and the end date control on Saturday/Sunday would ONLY allow entry up to 29th. That is the issue...

Comment

Hello tgn55,

There was an update released yesterday (8.0.22.0).

Be sure to update before testing.

To confirm, the Friday May 29th 4:00 PM session close at the end of the week would have occurred at 6:30 AM on May 30th in UTC+9:30, is this correct?
        (After 6:30 AM would be saturday while the market is closed)

I am showing this data is available on the NinjaTrader Market Replay servers. The download would be for the 29th and would start at 1:30 PM and end at 6:30 AM.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea... interesting... but the real test will come after the end of today's session. And yes I have updated to 8.0.22.

Now... I just hit another, very similar issue, that has nothing to do with playback, data loaded etc...and it strikes me that it may have the SAME underlying root cause. ie - controls not being TZ-aware.

In my timezone, it just after midnight... so date is now June 6. I just closed a trade on GC... and wanted to review all recent trades in the Trade Performance tool.
          Hm... same kind of issue... but maybe even worse!! It's all about selecting the report end date (similar to my original issue with the playback control...)

The previous setting was for 04/06/2020 (remember... UK-style date format) Fine.
          I set it (manually, ie typing a "5") to 05/06 ... and Generate. Sort of fine.
          Then I used the drop-down control and selected "Today: 6/06/2020". Kaboom.
          The date selected reverted 04/06... yes, fourth... not even fifth, let alone sixth of June !! i was able to repeat this several times!

Killing the Trade Performance window and opening a new one has fixed the issue... but... there is clearly a problem with the code... the user should not need to close and reopen windows to avoid bizarre behavior!

Regards,

PS I will spend more time tomorrow testing the playback issue... it's a late right now where I am...

Comment

PS... the above issue even bites trying to change the End Date on a chart's Data Series... so yeah... I reckon it is a common problem with the date control operation.

Comment

Hello tgn55,

I'm not able to reproduce this. Everything with the time zone set to UTC+9:30 is working as expected on my end testing in playback.

I'd like to see if this is a database issue.

Please try the steps below
              • Shutdown NinjaTrader
              • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder
              • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename"
              • Rename the file 'Original.NinjaTrader.sdf'
              • Finally, restart NinjaTrader
              Let me know if you are able to reproduce after this.

Comment

Hmm.. I waited for another Friday that turned into Saturday in my timezone for confirmation.

I did rename the sdf file etc...and it seems to have fixed the problem. Weird thing is, I then restored my original sdf... and the problem remains "fixed"... How's that work? A registry entry perhaps?

Anyway... moving on. Got bigger fish to fry... like my Ignored stoploss issue ;-) Waiting for your response on that topic...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary