Problem with City Index connection on licensed NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with City Index connection on licensed NT8

I am unable to connect to cityindex.com.sg via licensed NT8, whereas free NT8 had no issues. There are no restrictions with my cityindex account according to the customer service. I was unable to get any solution via [email protected] and [email protected]

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

There is not a setting in NinjaTrader that manages server settings for CityIndex/ Forex.com connections. Instead, I suggest contacting your brokerage team directly to inquire about options that can be addressed on your account to make this connection work.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CityIndex did not restrict my account, and referred my issues to ninjatrader because there is nothing actionable on their part. And on your part, you referred me back to the brokerage when the charting program is written by your company. I had also stated that the same cityindex account works on the free NT8. But when I keyed in the license code, the cityindex account no longer connects. So this is clearly an issue with ninjatrader.

I never asked whether there is any difference between CityIndex or Forex.com connections, because there is no option for that. My question is why ninjatrader is penalising licensed holders from using forex.com or cityindex connections?

Comment

Hello,

What happens when you try to connect? Do you receive a message? If so, what is the message?
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My FOREX.com: An account assigned to this login is not a NinjaTrader account. Please contact [email protected] for further assistance. (Logon failed)

Bear in mind that the same connection in a free licensed version worked and this message never showed up.

Comment

Hello zergrush,

Thank you for your reply.

CityIndex accounts will need to be branded specifically for the NinjaTrader platform in order to connect with a live license key. To further address this issue, please send an email to [email protected].

Comment

I did send an email to [email protected], and the response is as below. My issue is that I am in Singapore, and the cityindex.co.uk link does not work for me. And I have already chatted with cityindex.com.sg and they were unable to help me either. This still does not explain why I was able to login via cityindex.com.sg with free NT8, and not via multi-broker licensed NT8.

"Now that you have a live trading license key, your CityIndex account will need to be branded specifically for the the NinjaTrader platform. Using the link from my previous email to start a new account application will resolve this issue:

https://applyforanaccount.cityindex.co.uk/ciuk/sbcfd-step1.aspx?IBcode=NTUK"

Comment

Hello zergrush,

We are unable to make changes to your CityIndex account. You will want to contact your broker to make any changes to your account.

Comment

What changes do they need to make? How would they know? If they were any wiser, I will not be asking here.

Can you list what needs to be done so I can give them instructions? Else this is not helpful at all.

Comment

Hello zergrush,

You need to use the following link to complete an account application with CityIndex so you can use the NinjaTrader platform for live trading. This is the only solution that we can offer:

Comment

I just chatted with cityindex.co.uk, and opened another sg account using the link below. It failed to solve the problem. Cityindex.co.uk asked me to contact ninjatrader again. So this is really your problem. There is nothing for them to act on.

Comment

Hello zergrush,

We are unable to make changes to your CityIndex account.

CityIndex accounts will need to be branded specifically for the NinjaTrader platform in order to connect with a live license key. To further address this issue, please send an email to [email protected].

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes