Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, or Random alerts

HI,

I have alerts set on my charts for Stochastic to cross above 80 and send me a pop up box alert, however, this only works randomly...sometimes it works, most of the time it doesnt.

I attach a screenshot of the action I wish alerted (the dotted line at the top is the 80 level), and another of my Settings.

I have tried switching it to On Timer with a 1 second period but, although that worked, it sent (as it is mean to on that setting), a set of repeated alerts every second, meaning I eventually have to switch it off.

What setting should I use, for a simple cross of the Stochastic 80 level and 1 alert, which I dont have to touch, will re-arm automatically, and work !

Thanks
    Attached Files

I don't claim to be an expert in Alerts (or much else for that matter) but did spend a lot of time probing the soft underbelly for my own.

As I understand it, your problem is with your Settings as posted, has the Rearm set to On Connect. From Help, this means it only arms, as it says on the tin, when you connect to your data provider. This means once the alert has triggered once, it will not Rearm unless you disconnect and reconnect to your data provider. In your case as posted, it would have triggered when it hit the 80 earlier (which you say it did but didn't rearm, and unless you disconnected and reconnected to your data provider, would not rearm, and therefore not trigger when it hit the 80 a second time. So what you experience is consistent (what the purpose is, is a mystery to me, but there must be one otherwise it wouldn't be there! But I'm not interested to know either).

Your 1 second timer you say works. But is too frequent. So set it to a longer period? 10s, 30s?

Humbly suggest you perhaps give a bit more thought to the specifics of your wish for the Alert and regarding Rearm. I had a similar consideration for price approaching a Line. Did I want it rearming automatically? But what if price sits there at the 80 or oscillates around it, do you want it to keep rearming & repeatedly going off? How often? Or would you hit 'Disable' in the Pop up then manually rearm once price has moved away?

Etc.

Hope the above isn't a load of bunkum.

Encouraging noises - I got mine up and running and work a charm without fail. But it was a loooooong and lonely ride, and the way it works is bat**** crazy to say the least, so good luck!

Comment

Hello dmackay41,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes