Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Combine IB market depth with real time data from Kinetick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine IB market depth with real time data from Kinetick?

Is it possible to use market depth data from IB in a chart driven by real time tick data from Kinetick?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

When connecting to Kinetick first and then Interactive Broker, all futures related data would be provided by Kinetick and Interactive Brokers would provide data for any instruments not supported by your Kinetick subscriptions.

However, if there was a futures instrument that you were not enabled with in Kinetick but you were enabled for in Interactive Brokers you would not receive data for that instrument in this set up as Kinetick would provide all futures data.

Below I have provided a link to the Multiple Connections section of our help guide for more information.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just trying to decide whether to sign up for the Kinetick data feed. Consider this specific example, which relates to tick data and market depth for an index futures contract. Suppose I am connected to both Kinetick and the IB Gateway, and I do not have market depth enabled with Kinetick. Suppose I specify IB for real time futures data and Kinetick for historical futures data. Since market depth is real time data I presume that will be pulled from IB, along with real time tick data. However, since NT does not (currently) pull historical tick data from IB, can I assume that would be pulled from Kinetick? My interpretation of the documentation suggests that this is the case, but I'd like to be sure before spending the money with Kinetick.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

Yes, Historical tick data should be pulled from Kinetick in this case with it defined as the preferred historical data provider, and the real time data from IB.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes