Buy Ask / Sell Bid quick button code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Ask / Sell Bid quick button code

Moving an LMT order above the Last Trade generates an MKT order, I believe. Is the Buy Ask quick button anything more than a Buy Mkt execution? ...or... is the code actually seen differently as it arrives to the broker.. and / or, is the first assumption wrong, that is, when moving an LMT to above the Last Trade, does the broker see this first as an LMT at the offer (Ask) and so places it thus at the exchange.... and it's the exchange that decides whether to interpret it as an LMT at that price first, then a Mkt if still above Last Trade? seems a subtle difference, but could be relevant in a run-away market condition... thxs for discussion...

This would be a great question for your prospective broker as they will intimately understand the order routing which may be unique to their underlying technology. If you're curious about NinjaTrader Brokerage, I suggest that you reach out to my colleagues on the Brokerage Support Team with this question:
    • BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT[com
    With that said, from a platform perspective, the order is submitted as a limit and therefore is registered throughout the life of the order. In your scenario, I assume you're referring to a buy limit order. In this scenario, the buy limit order would fill at the ask price and be recorded as a limit order filling at the ask price at that time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ursavent  
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby