Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing price delay ....Super Dom to Chart

Another curious behaviour.

The price delay in the charts increases with every minute. I use Rhitmic Data Feed.

Super Dom price is "live"
    I have six monitors and 24 Charts, 6 Super Dom open.

For every minute the charts are delayed ca. 30 seconds. After 10 minute 5 minute delay, after

Strategie Orders on a simulation account are not filled.
    Last edited by pmmkm; 09-27-2018, 08:36 AM.

Based on the information you've provided so far, I suspect you're running into a chart rendering performance limitation. This can occur when NinjaTrader's chart rendering in conjunction with your PC's capabilities cannot keep up with the incoming data and the necessary calculations to display it. We'll need to gather more information to accurately diagnose and resolve what you're experiencing.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Is this a recent issue, or has this always occurred?

Is this issue actively occurring now? Or is it no longer occurring/seemingly intermittent?

Do your charts have indicators applied? If so, are they built-in indicators, or custom indicators? How many indicators are applied in total to all of your charts?

Does the issue persist in safe mode? Or in a workspace with less charts? To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Once in safe mode, connect to data, open a chart and SuperDOM and compare the data.

Comment

Version is 8.0.15.1
      64 bit

Windows resources monitor a average of 18% of use of the CPU

Safe Mode with one Chart and SuperDOM is paralell with 6E, CL

but ES Chart is not updating at all ?????

No indicators or scripts are running

Dont know if and since when it occurs. It is many months ago that I traded more, actually I am testing

the ES chart regardless which time setting sticks at 2.919,25
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-27-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Please clarify - the ES chart does not update, but the ES SuperDOM does update?

Are there any errors or messages in the log tab of your Control Center? Specifically, any that mention the ES?

Comment

Yes, the Super Dom does update the chart not at all, ONLY in ES, ONLY in Save Mode

in normal mode it is running, but with enormous delay

In the log Tab i have an error what can cause this delay. There is
          "Failed to restore the indicator"

But the indicator is no more activ, so why and where it is tried to restore?

Comment

I suspect we're dealing with two separate issues now.

The issue of live ES data not printing in safe mode, but working highly delayed in your normal workspace is quite puzzling. I'd like to address that later to focus on the primary issue.

The primary issue is still as suspected - Based on the information you've provided so far, I suspect you're running into a chart rendering performance limitation. This can occur when NinjaTrader's chart rendering in conjunction with your PC's capabilities cannot keep up with the incoming data and the necessary calculations to display it.

Earlier you mentioned that 'No indicators or scripts are running'. Does this mean on your normal workspace with 24 charts there are absolutely no built in or custom indicators applied to them?

No changes are permanently saved to your workspace until you manually save the workspace. With this knowledge, I'd like you to load up NinjaTrader normally and start closing chart windows. After how many closed charts does the issue go away?

What graphics card does your PC have? To check:
            • Type 'Run' into windows search.
            • In the Open box, type "dxdiag" then press okay.
            • When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, The system tab should be selected. Take a screenshot of this tab.
            • There should be a display tab for each of your monitors. Please also take a screenshot of each display tab

Screenshot instructions:
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
            • Click here for instructions
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            • Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

I deleted this indicator and restart NT8

anywhere else where I have to delete anything to avoid?

To your last question, yes there was no indicator and no strategy active, but the one I said could be active in the background somewhere=

Just a second I restart it

Comment

Error still exists

but the indicator is deleted !!!

Comment

Is this occurring in safe mode? Or normal mode?

In your screenshot I can see that at least three workspaces are loading on startup. If you close all but one workspace, does the lag issue persist?

When you say that you deleted the indicator, what does this mean exactly? Did you delete the files? Remove it from your charts? Remove it via the 'Remove custom assembly' option or NinjaScript Editor? Please be specific.

Also, what are the results and answers to the questions in my previous reply?

Comment

I deleted all workspaces and renamed the existing and restarted.

the error is no more in the log!!! I will monitor if the delay is still existing but I expect that not.

Thank you so far!

Yes, it works!
                    Last edited by pmmkm; 09-27-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason