Chart Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Rendering

I have a basic question regarding chart setup. Logging into FXCM data feed and the Kinetick I am unable to get a full chart to load. All it displays is one bar at a time by default. Looking at several videos, they show a simple, select the market and the time frame and boom it shows up. Not sure why something so simple isn't working. Any thoughts or suggestions?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

What instrument(s) are you trying to chart? For example, ES 12-18, EURUSD, AAPL etc. Does it occur with all instruments, or just one?

Can you go into further detail about your desired source of real-time and historical data? Should it be coming from Kinetick or FXCM? When you say 'Kinetick', is this the built-in Kinetick end-of-day data feed? Or are you paying for a subscription to Kinetick?

Within Tools > Options > Market Data, is 'Get data from server' enabled?

If you right-click on your chart, do you have the ability to select 'Reload all historical data'?

Does the issue occur if you connect only FXCM? How about only Kinetick?

Comment

Yes it happens no matter what data feed I use., Either FXCM or the Kinetick. The Kinetick is end of day. I originally wanted to load a 15 min chart 5days. That didn't work so I tried loading a daily, and it wants to load 365 days by default.

Both don't do anything. All I have is a blank screen. This happens to all instruments though. I know FXCM is only currencies so I tried the Kinetick with other markets and nothing.

Yes the box for get data from server is checked

NT8

8.0.15.1 64-bit

No,. Reloading is greyed out.

Comment

If the reload box is greyed out, this indicates that you're not currently connected to any historical data server. This would explain your symptom of only real-time data appearing with no historical data.

Do you notice any messages in the log tab of the Control Center regarding either connectivity issues or issues specific to an instrument?

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1979114 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Files as per request.

No faults., Everything links with the notification, just like the videos
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-27-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I downloaded then removed your log and trace files. Do not ever share your log and trace files publicly. They may contain sensitive information.

I see that you're experiencing difficulty maintaining a connection to our historical data servers:
            2018-09-27 06:21:59:702|3|2|Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds........er.com (actual address redacted to reduce spam/DDoS)
            This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
            • Restart your PC
            • Clear your DNS
            • Open the Command Prompt - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
            • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
            • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
            • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans