Unable to map symbols properly for IB data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to map symbols properly for IB data feed

Hello, I am trying to use IB as a data feed.

No matter how much I try, I am unable to map certain currency symbol's futures contract and also Index Options contract for USDINR and NIFTY50 listed on NSE (National Stock Exchange, INDIA)
    Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Typically it is possible to map custom instruments and we'll do our best to successfully map these instruments today, however, understand that it is not 100% possible to map all custom instruments.

First, could you provide screenshots of these instruments within Trader Workstation? I need you to right-click on the instrument > Contract info > Description, Here is an example of USDHUF:

Please provide this information for USDINR and NIFTY50.

Next, please send me screenshots of your current configuration of these instruments in NinjaTrader. I'll need a screenshot(s) which contain all of the information main page and also the exchanges page. Here is an example of the EURUSD:

https://www.screencast.com/t/Og0CcOyA
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Click here for instructions
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    • Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Thanks for a quicky reply.
      I have attached three png files.
      1: USDINR 29 OCT FUT.
      2: NIFTY50 OCT SERIES 10950 CALL OPTION
      3: USDINR INDEX

4: Earlier I had not idea what to enter in the mapping section. After I saw your screen shot I was able to get data for USDINR Index by entering the symbol map as "USDINR||||INR"

P.s. In the first two symbols,
      NIfty put or call : I have no idea what to put in ninjatrader's setting. Tried to google it but didnt find anything at all.

USDINR Fut: I tried the same setting as screenshot 4, only difference was the instrument type, which I selected futures instead of Index. And tried mapping column as "USDINR" but that didnt work. Also no matter what I put as a master instrument name, when I try to open the chart it give an error "invalid instrument name"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by [email protected]; 09-28-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader does not currently support options, so you will be unable to view options instruments in NinjaTrader.

The NIFTY50 futures is built into NinjaTrader already as 'NIFTY':

Is this the future you're looking for? Or is the USDINR futures instrument you provided a screenshot of something different entirely? If the latter, I think it will be impossible map into NinjaTrader as the underlying symbol is the index.

Comment

Yes, NIFTY50 futures are built in (I know). Please can you help me map the USDINR FUTURES?Options I can ignore for now.

By the way, I came across a youtube video where the person did use ninjatrader to open options contract.
          It is possible to view Stock Options in NinjaTrader, version 7. Haven't tried version 8. I only use TD Ameritrade for data and use another broker for trading...

Comment

To avoid confusion, I have attached the screenshot again. That is the contract I need help will.

Its USDINR futures contract.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another thing I want to mention, Nifty50 fut is already mapped and is inbuilt. But just USDINR fut, the underlying for NIFTY50 futures is also an index. So how come its possible to map nifty50 fut but not the USDINR FUT.

The screenshot is attached of description nifty50 fut (incase you want to check)

P.s; Sir, this is not just my problem. In such a vast Indian market there is no software good enough as NT but there are only two reliable market data provider (esignal which is high priced or IB). So even when someone opts for IB, there is absolutely no leads or documentation provided or is available on either IB's website or NT's website regarding mapping.
              Attached Files

Comment

The Interactive Brokers account I have access to does not have data enablements for any of these instruments so I am unable to verify and test this. Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can work together with the goal of creating this custom instrument.

Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and '1979343 ATTN Patrick G' in your email.

Comment

33rdvirus was able to successfully map the USDINR futures using the settings in the screenshots below:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes