Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM switching to "None" by self

Testing NT8 running on Sim101 Account.
    I have two superdom's on differing markets.
    I have an ATM strategy to test the order manager. It reverses on targets and stops, 5 ticks off entry. 1 contract. Orders with GTC.

Both ATMs appeared to be working correctly, I them left connected over night.
    This morning both superdoms had ATM's set to "none" One with one contract short with a loss of 30 ticks, the other with 3 contracts long with 50 ticks profit...

Under what circumstances would an ATM turn off by itself?

Hello lavalampmj,

Thanks for the post.

If you send me your database and logs I would be able to track down what happened with the reversal orders.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN ChrisL <paste the forum link here>

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to confirm - I have had this same experience of ATM switching to None.
      Info FWIW - I came to the conclusion it was occurring when I had left Ninja connected overnight.
      I have multiple Futures open (18) and multiple DOMs. It was not universal, only occurring on one or two. I have a recollection that the ones on which it occurred were ones on which I had 'done something' concerning the ATM (perhaps switched in the drop-down list), but cannot recall precisely and did not investigate further at the time. I have DOMs for each instrument and more than one ATM on the same Instrument (DOM Tabs).
      My standard operating procedure is to close Ninja and shut down my PC at EOD.
      I noticed this 'ATM None' issue when I was leaving Ninja connected overnight. (I was doing so temporarily, because I was investigating a different un-expected behaviour to do with Time Region Settings incorrect implementation in Ninja).
      Having pinned down the fault with the Region settings implementation, I reverted to SOP of closing Ninja and shutting down PC at EOD and have not experienced the 'ATM none' issue since (several months ago).

Above is just to confirm a similar experience in case the information gives any clues that may help. I am not interested expending time to investigate or asking for assistance, but would be interested to know why.

Best

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for the post.

I am still testing this and communicating through email with lavalampmj. I will update this forum thread once I have reached a solution over email.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post marcus2300  
        Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
        0 responses