Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open metals charts.

Hello,

I have FXCM and FOREX.com demo accounts.

In the Instrument Lists I can see @XAUUSD (CFD) and XAUUSD (Forex), same for XAG, XPT and XPD.

But with both accounts XAUUSD, XAGUSD, XPTUSD and XPDUSD won't load at all. Just empty charts.

Re @...USD instruments, 1 day charts won't load for @XAUUSD and @XAGUSD, @XPTUSD and @XPDUSD will be empty for any interval.

So how can I see the full history charts for all metals in NT8?

Hi Botan,

I have been with FXCM, here in the UK for a couple of months, and like you had trouble initially trying to see what didnt give a blank chart.

If you go to https://www.fxcm.com/uk/

you will find the list of markets that you can trade on NT via FXCM, basically there are 12 indices, 7 commodities, including metals and loads of FX pairs.

Although you can see lots of markets on NT, like XPT, XPD etc, you will not be able to trade them as they are not listed in the available markets to trade via FXCM.

All FX pairs are as they are, listed as Forex in the list, eg EURUSD, etc
    Everything else are listed as CFDs, eg Oil is @USOIL, Dow is @US30, Dax is @GER30.

So basically if its not listed as a Forex in the list, you have to find it as a CFD and add a @ to it...but only to those listed in the FXCM UK list.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Forgot....here also lies another quandry with FXCM UK which you may want to investgate.

If you switch to a live account, ensure it is a tax free spreadbetting one.

Also, I am presently querying FXCMs response to my question that trading CFDs, even though they are in a "spreadbetting" account, will attract Capital Gains Tax in the UK. FXCM says it doesnt, however will not commit to that on paper, having refused to do so.....so, not sure what that means?

I am presently trying to clarify the issue with HMRC on this matter as the onus for tax liability lies on me, not FXCM, regardless of what they say.......jut something for the future, should you decide to trade live with FXCM.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any further info.
      Last edited by dmackay41; 09-29-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmackay41 View Post
        Hi Botan,

I have been with FXCM, here in the UK for a couple of months, and like you had trouble initially trying to see what didnt give a blank chart.

If you go to https://www.fxcm.com/uk/

you will find the list of markets that you can trade on NT via FXCM, basically there are 12 indices, 7 commodities, including metals and loads of FX pairs.

Although you can see lots of markets on NT, like XPT, XPD etc, you will not be able to trade them as they are not listed in the available markets to trade via FXCM.

All FX pairs are as they are, listed as Forex in the list, eg EURUSD, etc
        Everything else are listed as CFDs, eg Oil is @USOIL, Dow is @US30, Dax is @GER30.

So basically if its not listed as a Forex in the list, you have to find it as a CFD and add a @ to it...but only to those listed in the FXCM UK list.

Hope this helps.

Hello dmackay41 and thank you for your thorough reply.

For now I want to use NT for charting purposes only, so I will go with demo account.

I saw the list here: https://www.fxcm.com/uk/commodities/underlying-markets, so FXCM doesn't provide XPT and XPD data feed, ok. But now I loaded 365 days for @XAUUSD, and some days are just absent:

Why? Same for @XAGUSD.

I want to repeat my question: How to get proper charts for all metals on NT? Which broker to use?
        Last edited by Botan626; 09-29-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Botan
          I cant say why some days are missing ... NT Support shoukd answer that for you on Monday afternoon when they open.... I can only assume that the weekend maintenance, earlier notified, has had some part in your missing days.

As for finding which brokers provide the markets you are wanting, I am afraidcI do not know. I only used FXCM as they were the only UK broker who are reliably linked to NT and who are regulated by the FCA for live trading.

No doubt others will help you with this question. Cheers

Comment

Hi Botan
            I cant say why some days are missing ... NT Support shoukd answer that for you on Monday afternoon when they open.... I can only assume that the weekend maintenance, earlier notified, has had some part in your missing days.

As for finding which brokers provide the markets you are wanting, I am afraidcI do not know. I only used FXCM as they were the only UK broker who are reliably linked to NT and who are regulated by the FCA for live trading.

No doubt others will help you with this question. Cheers
            Thank you for your help dmackay41, I really hope I will find the proper solution for this. Take care.

Comment

Why dont you use the Ninjatrader brokerage? They have all the markets you are looking for I assume since it is their own platform.

Comment

This is what you are looking for,,,,,,

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

Comment

This is what you are looking for,,,,,,

https://ninjatrader.com/Futures

Thank you. This solved my problem with metals.

But then again, I go here: https://www.fxcm.com/uk/forex/currency-pairs/

and see USDCNH up there. But when I connect to FXCM account, the chart opens empty...

Comment

Yes I get a blank chart too.

I presume there is no access to historical data feed at the moment, or FXCM have stopped this market in their spreadbetting account, and just not updated the website.

Comment

Yes I get a blank chart too.

I presume there is no access to historical data feed at the moment, or FXCM have stopped this market in their spreadbetting account, and just not updated the website.
                      Ok, I will wait for the tech support reply.

Comment

Hello Botan626,

I am finding the @XAUUSD data is available with NinjaTrader FXCM historical data server. However, I do not have a Forex.com account to test this with.

May I confirm you have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' checked and enabled in the connection settings?

The FXCM historical data servers only have 1 day of historical data while the NinjaTrader historical data servers have more.

Below is a link to a video.

However, I can confirm the USDCNH is not available with FXCM. The brokerages that support forex instruments with the NinjaTrader platform are FXCM, Oanda, Forex.com, and Interactive Brokers.

Below is a public link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

Also here is a public link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
                        NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

You may want to check with the other brokerages and confirm if they have the data available for the instruments you interested in trading or charting.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 09-30-2018, 06:30 PM.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello Botan626,

I am finding the @XAUUSD data is available with NinjaTrader FXCM historical data server. However, I do not have a Forex.com account to test this with.

May I confirm you have 'NinjaTrader historical data server' checked and enabled in the connection settings?

The FXCM historical data servers only have 1 day of historical data while the NinjaTrader historical data servers have more.

Below is a link to a video.

However, I can confirm the USDCNH is not available with FXCM. The brokerages that support forex instruments with the NinjaTrader platform are FXCM, Oanda, Forex.com, and Interactive Brokers.

Below is a public link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

Also here is a public link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
                          NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

You may want to check with the other brokerages and confirm if they have the data available for the instruments you interested in trading or charting.
                          Hi, Chelsea.

Yes, 'NinjaTrader historical data server' was always ON.

Very interesting video! Didn't you notice that connection was lost when somebody started searching for CFDs?

Also in the video we can see XPDUSD and XPTUSD CFDs, why empty charts then?

In the table 'Data by Provider' I see that it's "subscription only" for Kinetick for Real-Time Data. That means the paid subscription is required?

Comment

Re Barchart.

It's said "Note: The user name MUST start with the letters “NT” e.g., NTSampleUser. If your Barchart account user name does NOT start with the letters “NT”, please contact Barchart to have your account setup as a NinjaTrader account".

Will Barchart change my current Username, if I'm using a free account?

Comment

Hello Botan626,

The disconnection was due to the weekend maintenance and not due to searching or loading an instrument. (This would have happened if I did nothing)

@XPDUSD and @XPTUSD are not available with FXCM (though @XAUUSD is).

You may want to contact FXCM and inquire which instruments are available with the demo.

Kinetick End of Day provides day data only. A subscription is needed for intra-day data or real-time data.

However, from my understanding Kinetick does not support CFD instruments. You may want to contact Kinetick and inquire which instruments are available.
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-01-2018, 08:50 AM.
                              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trilliantrader  
                              Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes