The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size

Is there a way to increase maximum DB size (to 1 GB, or even 5GB)?
    I have troubles running playback on a few strategies at the same time:

"Error on executing DB command: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]"

After firs message like this, strategy keep running, but historical data (trade perfomance report) is not working anymore.

Hello Againmain1,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of a way to increase the maximum DB size. Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2591774 Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally Posted by Againmain1

The database files seem to be too large and I cannot access trade perfomance reports to write my essay fast for my economics hw.
      Hi,

Was this issue resolved? I'm having the same Error on executing DB command.

Comment

Hello BeeMirror,

Thanks for your post.

You may need to create a new database file as the current database file may have become corrupt. If you rename your database file and try again, do you see the same behavior? Please rename your database with the following steps:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader or NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        • Unfortunately, the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
        To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes