connecting ninjatrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting ninjatrader 8

Hi, I have a lifetime licence bought 5 years ago for a connection with Interactive Brokers. I stopped trading for some years and now I would like to use my lifetime version with a demo datafeed from CQG. In the connection center I dont have any entry for Ninja Continuum. If I install Ninjatrader 8 without my lifetime licence (Demoversion) I have the entry "Ninja Continuum" but when I enter my credentials from CQG, I receive all the time the message that username/password are not correct. but this must to be correct, because I copy them from the email sent by CQG. Basically I would like to use Ninjatrader (with my bought licence) for a demo account with CQG. .Somebody can give me some ideas what's going wrong? thanks

Hello nfsolutions,

Thank you for your post.

This connection behavior indicates that the username and password were most likely entered or typed in incorrectly, the Demo box is unchecked or the Include FX or Web API box is checked. Please re-enter your account username and password to ensure the accuracy of the credentials and troubleshoot this issue.

Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select the account you created > Copy and paste your username and password. Please ensure that there are no spaces before or after the username and password > Ensure that Demo mode is checked > Ensure the Web API and Include FX boxes are not checked > Click Apply > Click OK > Now go to the Connections menu again and choose your connection.

Now retry to connect.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to NinjaTrader Continuum.

I have forwarded your inquiry about NinjaTrader Continuum not appearing as a provider option with your key to the platform sales office.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello nfsolutions,

Thank you for your post.

For information related to your key, please email the Platform Sales team at PlatformSales[at]NinjaTrader.com with a copy of your License Key.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
      Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_ThomasC and NinjaTrader_ShawnB
        thx for your answers. I mailed to PlatformSales about the key issue. About the demo account, I am sure that the credentials are correct. I tried copying the password several times and also entering it manually several times. First I thought it might be a firewall issue as well, but this it was not. The other settings are set exactly like outlined in the connection guide. The demo account expires anyway today, so I will see if I can get a new one if this is allowed tomorrow.
        Thanks
        Stefan

Comment

Hi
          both of my problems are solved now. The PlatformSales could solve the key issue, so I could make then a connection "Ninjatrader Continuum" and also a second demo connection worked well (first was expired). Thanks for the help.
          Stefan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ghoul
          by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses