Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to create different types of lines on chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create different types of lines on chart?

Hi,

Is it possible to create different types of lines on a chart? There is F6, but what if one wants lines different color or width?Is it possible to have short-cuts (hot-buttons) to create different types of lines?

Thanks,

Hello,*

Thank you for the note.*

To access a variety of different drawing objects available for your chart you may right-click within the chart to open a drop-down menu. Inside of this drop-down menu locate and select* "Drawing Tools".This will give you a list of many different line objects and other drawing objects available to you. Here you will be able to view the current hotkeys associated with each of these drawing objects.*

To edit these hotkeys*navigate back to your Control Center and select "Tools" > "HotKeys". Under Categories*have charting selected, scroll down within the right-hand section of the window until you see keys for "Drawing". Here you will be able to edit your Hotkeys for your drawing objects.**

For more information about working with these different types of drawing objects be sure to check out the link below to the NinjaTrader Help Guide. Also, this guide can be accessed at any time by pressing "F1" within any window inside of the NinjaTrader platform.*

Help Guide Drawing Objects:*https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm

Help Guide Hot Keys:*https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ey_manager.htm

Please let me know If I may be of any more assistance.
    DeVant'e E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_DeVant'e ,

Thank you for responding.

I see only one type of Horizontal Line (F6). Is it possible to create more than one type of horizontal lines?

Thanks,

Comment

Hello,*

Thank you for reaching out.*

There is only one type of Horizontal Line drawing object however, you are able to customize and edit it. With your horizontal line on the chart, left-click to select the line and then right-click to open a drop-down menu to select " Properties". This will open a Drawing Objects window that will allow you to edit the setting of this line. You may change the setting to create your custom lines and save them by selecting "Template" > "Save". Now for future lines, once you have placed them on your chart you may now right-click on the new line to access the properties and change the display template for each line.*

Please let me know If I may be of any more assistance.
        DeVant'e E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rehmans
        by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses