Secure Team Code Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure Team Code Protection

Ive purchased this software from agile.net and there is very little resources online to watch or read on how to use this for ninja trader. Is there anyone that can help me figure out how to use this software and upload my ninjascripts so i can give out the machine id type thing?

Thanks
    Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Once Agile.NET is installed, open this once and enter your license key.

After Agile.NET has been opened once at the license key inserted, NinjaTrader will automatically use this when the 'Protect compiled assembly' is checked in the Tools > Export > NinjaScript Addon window.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l_security.htm

Where are you trying to upload scripts?

Are you trying to upload to the User App Share of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem?
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...app-submission

The MachineID is used by vendors to license scripts for individual clients in the Vender License Management console window.
    Are you currently a vendor with NinjaTrader? (Do you have a vendor key?)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes exactly that must be what i need is the vendor feature you just mentioned. I have developers that have built me scripts and I would like to share them privately and enable them using their machine IDs

Comment

Hello andrewtrades,

Please contact info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com if you would like to become a vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewtrades View Post
          Yes exactly that must be what i need is the vendor feature you just mentioned. I have developers that have built me scripts and I would like to share them privately and enable them using their machine IDs
          Andrew, can you share the code needed to identify the machine ID?
          I am no vendor but want to share indicators with my children. For safety reasons (unable them to share my indicators with friends) I want to link the authorisation to the machine ID from my children.

Comment

You have to become a vendor to use that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewtrades View Post
              You have to become a vendor to use that feature.

Pity. I have no intention at all to sell what I intend to present to my own children.

Comment

I would double check with the ninjatrader team cause im not sure if you're actually forced to sell anything. You can probably still sign up for what your intention is.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

[information redacted]

At this time we do not publicly document or actively support getting information about the license through NinjaScript. If you are a vendor in our EcoSystem, our Business Development may be able to provide further direction for how a license type, enabled license, machineid or similar can be detected through NinjaScript.

If you would like to become a 3rd party developer for NinjaTrader please see our Vendor Licensing Management information.
                  http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...entication.htm

This means a custom solution would be necessary if you are not intending to become a vendor.

You can export your code as an assembly (.dll) to prevent this code from being read or modified, and optionally you can use Agile.NET to prevent the code from being un-assembled (deobfuscated).

To export your script do the following:
                  1. Click Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript
                  2. Click the 'add' link -> check the box(es) for the script(s) you want to include -> click OK
                  3. Check the option labelled Export as compiled assembly
                  4. If you have Agile.NET installed and would like to use this, check the box labelled Protect compiled assembly
                  5. Click Export -> enter a unique name for the file in the Dialog window
                  6. Choose a save location -> click Save
                  7. Click OK to clear the export location message
                  By default your exported file will be in the following location:
                  • (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/ExportNinjaScript/<export_file_name.zip>
                  Below is a link to the help guide on Exporting NinjaScripts.
                  http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/export.htm

Below is a link to the help guide on Agile.NET protection.
                  http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...l_security.htm

You can purchase Agile.NET here.
                  Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-26-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. Will try it out. I do have already a subscription for Agile dot net NT8

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                      Hello marcus2300,

[Information redacted]

After this, you can then export your code as an assembly (.dll) to prevent this code from being read or modified, and optionally you can use Agile.NET to prevent the code from being un-assembled (deobfuscated).

To export your script do the following:
                      1. Click Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript
                      2. Click the 'add' link -> check the box(es) for the script(s) you want to include -> click OK
                      3. Check the option labelled Export as compiled assembly
                      4. If you have Agile.NET installed and would like to use this, check the box labelled Protect compiled assembly
                      5. Click Export -> enter a unique name for the file in the Dialog window
                      6. Choose a save location -> click Save
                      7. Click OK to clear the export location message
                      By default your exported file will be in the following location:
                      • (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/ExportNinjaScript/<export_file_name.zip>
                      Below is a link to the help guide on Exporting NinjaScripts.
                      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/export.htm

Below is a link to the help guide on Agile.NET protection.
                      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...l_security.htm

http://secureteam.net/Agile-for-NT-Pricing.aspx
                      Chelsea,

I tried but did probably something wrong. Compile worked, no errors but the indicators never appear, even when they should appear.

Can you watch in the added word document and add the code on the exact location? I cut pieces from the 3 indicators that should be fixed.

[Information redacted]
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 07-21-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

I cannot modify any script at your request.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to code this for you as a convenience to you.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The check for the machine id could be at the top of OnBarUpdate() if you wanted.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

I cannot modify any script at your request.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to code this for you as a convenience to you.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The check for the machine id could be at the top of OnBarUpdate() if you wanted.
                          OK, I understand.

Comment

http://secureteam.net/Agile-for-NT-Pricing.aspx
                            Hi Chelsea,

Can CliSecure for NT be used to secure NT8 compiled files?

Is there an alternative to Agile.Net (too expensive for non-vendors)?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

No, CliSecure is the name of previous produce made by secure team for Winforms and NinjaTrader 7. The Agile.NET is for NinjaTrader 8 and WPF.

I am not aware of alternatives, but you may try a google search for these.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses