Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A newbie should know

How To Sew Tote Bags In Three Ways

The tote bag is just not limited to shopping purposes but now people like to turn them into some fashion bag so it must look while you are handling it. People who are quite crazy about the grocery must understand the value of the tote bag and how they always need something new. Plastic bags are just not the hygienic ones and I always use my tote bag to avoid those.

If you have the best sewing machine for beginners in your home then you can create your own tote bag. You don’t have to go for the material shopping because today we are going to use the material available in our home for the creation of the coolest tote bag. You can check it out here for more information about the best sewing machines for beginners and their latest features.

1. Medium-Sized T-Shirt:

The first thing which should be in your mind at the time of preparing a tote bag in a home is that the t-shirt you are using must be medium-sized. If you are going to use the large size shirt for the tote bag then it will be hard to handle in the market if you want to go for casual shopping. I usually prefer to use medium-sized shirts for easy handling and for the perfect shape.

Never use a shirt that is stretchy. If you are creating a tote bag from the stretchy fabric then it will be heavier after you put some things in it. Use a rotary cutter for the precise cutting and if you are a beginner who is attempting the tote bag for the first time then use tailor chalk for marking the shape out. Sew the bottom of the shirt with the help of a sewing machine.

Across the bottom of the shirt, you need to sew the straight seam. In the beginning, it may be hard for you to stitch the straight line so that’s why I recommend the insertion of pins or you can use the tailor chalk as mentioned before. Once you are done with the straight seam stitching, move on to the backstitching for the final look of the project. At each end of the tote bag, you need to backstitch.

Turn the t-shirt right side out and your tote bag is ready to use. To give it a unique look, you can add press-on letters, beads or buttons to the tote bag.

2. Pillowcase Bag:

If you don’t have a spare t-shirt for the preparation of the tote bag then there is no need to worry because we have another way to make the tote bag. We all have several printed bedsheets in our home with the printed pillowcases. I had so many in the cupboard which was kind of useless because they were old and I never used them a lot. I got an idea of creating the tote bag from the pillowcase.

Due to the beautiful printed look of the pillowcase, the tote bag is going to look cool and as the pillowcase is already closed from the bottom so you don’t have to go through the straight line sewing thing. You just have to do the little amendments to turn the pillowcase into the tote bag. Take tailor chalk and draw the curve-like protector at the wrong side of the pillowcase to create the handle.

With the help of a rotary cutter, cut that part of the pillowcase out and sew the open ends of the case with an easy sewing machine for beginners and seal the ends. You can watch this video on top sewing machines for beginners for more information about which is the best basic sewing machine to buy.

This bag is suitable for casual shopping which should not be too heavy as it can rip the handle apart so always go for the normal weight when you are using a pillowcase tote bag.

3. Towel Tote Bag:

The towel tote bag can be used when you always want to use something new and when it’s your passion to create things from useless material. This time, create the tote bag from the towel material and you will be good to go. Consider the size of the towel according to your needs, you can also take the reference of the size from the previous tote bags and cut the towel.

Sew straight bottom and sides of the towel to give it a bag shape. As the towel is quite thick in nature so you have to change the needle, thread, and other settings of the sewing machine as well. Once you are done with the simple stitching, go for the backstitching to secure the edges and to make the stitching strong. Now to create the handles, cut the curve shape from the upper point with the help of a rotary cutter.

Towel Tote Bag

Before you start sewing the towel with the sewing machine, I recommend checking the stitch setting because the towel has a good thickness and you need to sew it properly. I recommend sewing the edges of the handle as well to make it secure and smooth. As towel threads can be revealing so you have to make sure that the ends are secure and in the middle of the handling, you don’t have to go through certain complications.

After securing all the ends, you will be done with the tote bag sewing. This is going to be your best creative and coolest project.

Conclusion:

No matter what kind of things you have in your wardrobe which is useless to you, it’s always possible to turn them into a tote bag. For accurate, smooth and precise sewing, you should go for the best basic sewing machine which is perfect in features and performance.

This tote bag project is going to be fun and full of creativity. You can also present these tote bags as a gift to your friends and flaunt your skills. I hope now you have tons of ideas for the next tote bag creation.
    Last edited by lancerlot590; 08-13-2021, 06:59 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform:
    Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:
    Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Where do I place this "stop loss", how far away from my entry?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Rapine Heihei  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes