Bar ZOrder and Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar ZOrder and Templates

Ok so I know i can change the bar zorder by making the chart items selectable in properties, then clicking the bars, holding shift and scrolling center mouse wheel etc to bring them to draw on top of indicators and other chart objects.

I did this then saved my template but it doesn't appear the zorder is saved with the template. Is there a better way to do this or can we submit a feature request to at least save the zorder in the template? Thanks.

Additionally when I place any new chart objects (like support/resistance lines) they draw back on top of the bars and I have to then change the zorder again. Can we have a setting to always put the bars on top?

Comment

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for your post.

For the first question, is this a chart template you're saving or a template for a drawing object? When you refer to "chart items" do you mean drawing objects, or indicators?

For the second, I've created a feature request on your behalf to add a setting so your chart bars would always be on top. This is being tracked under the number SFT-4894.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate. To answer your question, I am saving a chart template after bringing the bar zorder to top. What I'm looking for is simply to have the bars always on top of everything and save that in the chart template so I can apply it to other charts etc. Thanks.

Comment

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for your reply.

Templates would not currently be expected to save the Z-order in relation to the bars, unfortunately. I've added a second feature request to have the Z-order of objects saved in the chart template. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4895.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes