Execution price on simulated orders placed through superdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execution price on simulated orders placed through superdom

I am new to NinjaTrader. I downloaded the free version of NinjaTrader 8 and established a connection with my IQFeed account for some live futures data on CL Crude Oil contracts. I opened up SuperDOM and then set the account to Sim101. I then see the last trade price and level 1 bid and offer prices on the SuperDOM. When I click the Market button at the bottom of the Buy Column it says "order filled". However I see my simulated buy order seems to have filled at the last trade price, not the current offer price. Since I am looking at back futures contracts on CL (Crude Oil) they don't trade constantly so the bid ask prices may have moved away from the last trade price. Why doesn't the simulated trade fill at the current offer price instead of the last trade price? Is there a way to change settings so the best bid or best offer price is used to fill the simulated trade?

Hello Johnax,

Thank you for your post.

To place an order at the bid price with the quick buttons, you may press 'Ctrl' while left-clicking. You will see the label of button change from 'Market' to 'Bid'. You may also display the 'Market' 'Bid' and 'Ask' quick buttons all at the same time by right-clicking on your SuperDOM background, selecting 'Properties', checking the box next to 'Show Quick Buttons', and selecting 'OK'. Since you are a new user, it is worth mentioning that you may press 'F1' with any window open to display that specific section of the help guide.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you that is very helpful, I appreciate the prompt response.

Comment

Zachary,

I continue to have questions about the fill prices on the simulated trades through SuperDOM. When I press Ctrl and the button changes from Market to Bid, and then push the Bid button under the Sell column, my order fills at the last trade price, not the bid price. However, in the orders screen it shows the order with a limit price at the current bid price was when I executed, but the trade is filled is at the most recent traded price.

I recently paid a developer to develop a strategy for me and I am having similar problems with the simulated execution prices on that strategy. The developer said this is an NT issue because it works differently on his setup. Therefore he suggested that I reach out to NT support.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

John.

Comment

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply.

I would need to do some analysis in your diagnostic files to better understand what may be occurring. Please send me your log, trace, and database files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Also ensure that 'Database file' is selected under 'Other Files'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2596869 ATTN Zachary

Please also include the instrument that you were trading, the date and time that you experienced the behavior.

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I submitted the information you requested in an email to support from the Help menu on the Control Panel last week. I wanted to make sure you received the information. Let me know if you have any feedback on this issue.

Thank you,

john.

Comment

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not yet received those files. I would recommend re-sending them through the platform or manually attaching to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:03 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes