I need a sundial to measure response time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a sundial to measure response time

I am setting up my backup computer. It is not so different than my primary desktop system i7/16GB. My backup system is an i7/8GB. Both having more than adequate sources to run NT8. I ran a backup on my primary machine and restored to the laptop. When it came to opening up NT, it took forever.

The subject line says it all.

What tools are available to find the culprit? Task manager doesn't seem too helpful as all the NT processes are all grouped into one. Please advice.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

One useful tool to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms is the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor.

To use this feature:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes to see which items are using the most resources.
    Since this backup works fine on your primary computer, it is also possible something on the local PC is slowing down the load time.

Please ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder— as well as the NinjaTrader.exe program in C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I can't get that far.
      I am restarting and so far it's been restarting for 31 minutes. So I'll make the bold assumption something didn't get restored properly. NinjaTrader just sits there 'Not Responding' and the main panel flashing.
      I'm going to the app and reinstall.
      To insure ALL trace of the app is gone, do you have a checklist of what to remove after the app has been uninstalled?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        1 response
        0 likes