Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounts data not updating

Hi,

I have an IB gateway connection to my IB account. When i run my strategy in IB live account, the data in the account tab doesn't update at all. I have to goto the position tab to see the real time update on my positions. It won't show me the same type of real time update on the account data(gross realized PnL, Realized PnL, Unrealized PnL, Total PnL) etc...

Why doesn't it get updated real time in live IB account. I am using NT8(8.0.15.1 64bit), with the latest IB gateway.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) are you trading? For example, ES 12-18, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

I mentioned the verison in my initial post. Also, I'm using ES 12-18 to trade. Finally, there are no errors in logs or the screen. The strategy works as it should and takes entries and exists without any issues. Only thing is the real time data doesn't get updated as it does with the sim accounts.

Comment

Information in the Accounts tab of the Control Center is information that is available through the connection from your broker. Each connection technology has different limitations on what is and what is not provided to NinjaTrader.

You're referring to unrealized PnL, which is what PnL is when your position is open. Interactive Brokers does not provide unrealized PnL to NinjaTrader, therefore, I would not expect the value to update in the accounts tab. The link below has a table which goes into further detail about what to expect in the Accounts tab from your connection technology:

The Unrealized PnL appears in the Positions tab because NinjaTrader calculates this value locally. The Unrealized PnL updates in the Accounts tab for the Sim101 account for the same reason.

Comment

I noticed from the documentation that Gross Realized PnL and Net Liquidation as well as cash value has check marks yet it doesn't get updated . Seems like i have to disconnect and connect again to see that data. Does it mean that if it has a check it will provide updated data or will it only provide the updated data after disconnect and reconnect?

Comment

Hello priceisking,

Thank you for your response.

The check marks indicate the item from the provider should update when an update is received from the provider. For certain items (such as RealizedPnL) the update does not occur until the position closes.

Are you seeing updates after the position closes?

What version of the Gateway are you using?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I do not see the update after the position closes. Only way to see the updated values is to disconnect and connect again.

I have IB Gateway: Build 972.1m Jul 13, 2018

Build 972.1m, Jul 13, 2018 3:59:52 PM
              Jolt Build 1.9.4, May 7, 2018 01:57:09 PM
              Nia Build 2.16.0, Feb 2, 2018 12:12:24 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.7.7, Mar 29, 2018 04:00:38 PM
              Riskfeed Build 2.30.6, Jun 4, 2018 11:50:57 AM

Java Version: 1.8.0_152, OS: Windows 10 (amd64, 10.0),
              Memory: heap max 1820Mb, current 33Mb

Comment

Hello priceisking,

Please try version 960.2g as listed on our Connection Guide and advise if the behavior continues.
                Connection Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello, I tried the version you recommended and now it only updates the cash value and net liquidation.

Also, i noticed something, if I have a position that I closed out from IB, it doesn't update it in NinjaTrader. It still shows i have that position. Not sure if this is expected behavior.

Anyhow, i would expect the Realized PnL to at least show updated. But that doesn't seem to happen.

Comment

Hello priceisking,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I've followed the procedure to send the logs.

Comment

Hello priceisking,

Thank you for your time today.

We found the Account information was updating as detailed in our Help Guide documentation at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...TheAccountsTab

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920  
                        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920